1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ore's Leaked!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Radicool, May 4, 2013.

1. If that "Woosh" is supposed to represent me missing the point/joke, then by all means, you got me.
    I don't have a clue what you're talking about now.

From the comment you made to Zangoose, it seems you think that those who don't like toilet-humor, are no-fun, stuck-up, pretentious, or something of the sort, because they refuse to laugh at something like the Po.

Edit: It seems I missed the Reference pile part of Zangoose's comment. The same still applies though.

2. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

not really, i'm the guy who laughs a lot, even when it's not the right time.

3. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Guys, even if it may be reasonable and civilized, the current discussion at hand is definitely not on topic. Feel free to take it to profile comments or PM's, but I do recommend trying to remain on topic, even though there isn't much to talk about here anyway.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  4. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I mentioned the "Samuray" as a joke when I was in the IRC, a few months prior to the first word of the Hylotl. I was being facetious and saying that all the race suggestions were bad. I believe my exact words were "what next? 'Samurays'? Half samurai, half manta-ray?" I don't really take credit for the idea, but I do find it amusing that my joke ended up being coincidentally similar to what we got from the Hylotl, and now I love it.

Yeah, basically.

I come up with really awful puns and dirty jokes all the time. If someone doesn't like them, they don't have to laugh. However, if someone feels the need to tell me that I shouldn't even make those jokes just because they personally think that type of humor is crass, then they are being pretentious.

Good point. On topic: references to the developers in the names of the ores may be silly, but I think it is cute and creative, and the names still sound pretty good. You don't have to agree, but at least consider how difficult it is to make truly unique names now, since all of the coolest ones have already been protected by trademarks and copyrights.