Orbital Colosseum

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Daitenshi, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Alright so continue on topic, any ideas. I know some were stated but someone should restate them because I'm lazy owo

2. iblob

iblob Big Damn Hero

I choose you Pikachu!
    In all seriousness the idea is nice but it would be better if you yourself fought there instead of your pet penguin.

3. Daitenshi

That's the point of challenges. They'll add restrictions to the Tournaments to prevent specific types of weapons or pets or something from being used.

4. SweenMachine

SweenMachine Big Damn Hero

This is excellent! It's an entirely different game within the game! Galactic exploration can get a little overwhelming so this would be a great place to go to get a little break from it all!

5. TeoTheDriller

TeoTheDriller Big Damn Hero

Pokemon diversified in different competitions with time. First only common battles, then double and triple battles, poke olimpics, beauty contests...

...so, why not a monster olympics as well? Different monsters, different competitions, as throwing stones, jumping through platforms... mostly through the common game mechanics or mini-games!

6. Daitenshi

You want to train Monsters? I was thinking this as more a Gladitorial Arena Not Pokemon.

7. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I just had an idea for this amazing idea. Ok, how about this, every now and then, Chucklefish stuidos will have this "special" tournament, where you have one to two months to prepare, (on a brand - new character), and then enter your character that you prepared with for two months. It will be a process of elimation, slowly characters will start to die until its just the last 10 or 2, then it will be the finals where things get even more difficult. There will be prizes and everything.

But heres the catch, its all hardcore, so if your character that you worked so hard on dies, during training or the actual tournament, its gone, forever. I'm sure that people will enter it because, its a challenge, its hard, people love to catch shows and battles where things are actually at stake, people like to see others hard work go to waste, and theres prizes.

For both monsters and actual characters going in pvp.

Owl24 and TeoTheDriller like this.
  8. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Superb idea, Sounds like it'd be a massive hit with the community

Vulpes Inculta likes this.
  9. TeoTheDriller

TeoTheDriller Big Damn Hero

Man, i REALLY would play that! .-. And of course, in game, no rules. So, that scenario before of a competition being a high-risk job really would happen .-.

Also, i guess 50% of times the tournament would not happen: everybody would have killed each other before the tournament .-.

10. Daitenshi

Ooh that's a good idea! ^w^ i'll Add it

Dynafols likes this.
  11. Daitenshi

Hold onto your hats everyone. Ima try my best to upgrade this suggestion. with pretty pictures and such.

TeoTheDriller likes this.
  12. Daitenshi

le Update~

13. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

I really like this. It would definitely add a whole new element to the game. :)

14. Owl24

Owl24 Big Damn Hero

Great job on the update!
    How did you make that cool cover art?

15. Daitenshi

:speechless: Photoshop Sillz

16. Owl24

Owl24 Big Damn Hero

Jealous...*Tear*...

17. Daitenshi

Don't be! Not of me. I'm not good at all.

18. Owl24

Owl24 Big Damn Hero

*Looks at cover art* Yah, Right.

19. Owl24

Owl24 Big Damn Hero

Oh and you misspelled skillz...

20. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

It would be cool if you could also train/capture creatures to fight against other players creatures, 1v1 only and you can bet on the winner.