Omni Reply to Community Questions

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Bloodcloud, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue Former Staff

People seem to be doing a good job of redirecting people here.

And there is no way to 'sticky' a reply from a thread. only the thread itself.

Axe Garian and Xander like this.
  2. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

Regardless, it might be worth it to add it into your gameplay info thread.

(Haven't actually checked it if you did so.)

3. steveman0

steveman0 Phantasmal Quasar

Haha awesome. Omni is a freaking code ninja well done!

nababoo likes this.
  4. Great to see the questions get answered, hope all the nay sayers and worry warts can sleep easy tonight lol.

I had a feeling that they would release once the first 3 tiers were done, I couldn't see the point in waiting until all the tiers are done if the first 3 are perfectly playable. It'll give people incentive to wait for new content instead of burning through it and having no real difference upon official release.

5. Quenton

Quenton Phantasmal Quasar

That was better than a week's worth of updates.

6. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

I'm sure that there will be much more suggestions looked at closer to release. A lot of what we as players are offering in the way of suggestions are fluff and immersion, which aren't necessary for a beta or even full release. Half of the suggestions the OP's themselves can easily mod into the game to boot. But one thing I would ~love~ to see from the suggestions is Elevators or Grav-elevators.

nababoo likes this.
  7. Epsil

Epsil Void-Bound Voyager

Better than a month's.

Now I actually have an ounce of an idea how far we have until beta.

Lost in Nowhere and Quenton like this.
  8. StormX

StormX Space Spelunker

Huge thanks to Omni for answering all the questions, even if they're not all 100% "official", they definitely help shed some light on things. And probably even more thanks to Blue for both getting the list of questions to the devs, but more importantly re-opening the previous thread and assisting in keeping it on the tracks for a place where meaningful conversation could be had and not just a degenerative pit of "white knighting" vs "dark knighting". And thanks to everyone that participated constructively in the previous thread, from all sides of the issues; it took all viewpoints working together to get progress made and get more info for everyone to share and enjoy.

9. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

well I was surprised, yes. I thought they were going to force in all of the tiers before we got beta, and I am cool with the game coming out earlier with less tiers.

10. Gaikang

Gaikang The Number of the Minibeast

I really appreciate Omni taking the time out of his day to appease us like this, some of these answers are quite comforting, but those questions were directed at Tiy. Omni is definitely more equipped to answer some of these regardless, but Tiy could at least have weighed in about Yogcast. Oh, and before anyone starts up with the usual, "Their time is valuable, you shouldn't complain when they go out of their way like this!" then I'd like to point out the lead coder's time, during a period when they've clearly expressed a lot of brute coding is being done, is probably a lot more valuable than the guy who's role, at least on the "Team" page, is completely nondescript.

11. enthusedpanda

enthusedpanda Pangalactic Porcupine

shit. we need a forum-omni to peruse the forums and answer our questions all day.

i'm sure he can code it.

regardless, that was brilliant and comforting. the most forthright and considerate responses i've seen any of the devs offer up. totally at odds with tiy's style, bless him. ;)

nababoo, Xander, SolidSnake and 3 others like this.
  12. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

3 tiers eh? niiiiiiiiiice.
    still want to see moar information about mechs

Gaikang likes this.
  13. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Huh. If only three tiers are expected for beta and Tiy had mentioned Tier 2 being nearly done (Item wise at least) then Beta release might indeed be nigh.

Endless Rain likes this.
  14. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When they'll show that darn ninja rope?

samufel and Shippo like this.
  15. Ortales

Ortales Subatomic Cosmonaut

Big thanks to Omni for acknowledging the community's questions, and big thanks to Blue as well for his work on getting Chucklefish's attention!

16. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

With omni's responses,I can easily say the hype-train has not only left the station, it's blazing through the countryside.

17. Danner16

Danner16 Big Damn Hero

I can honestly say I am relived after I read this thread.

nababoo likes this.
  18. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

We might even say it has jumped to hyperspace!

Okay, I will go.

19. Thanks for taking the time to answer these Omni! I know you and all of the devs are working hard to get us the beta, just remember to take some time for yourself too! Also, thank you so much for this thread Blue. I only got through about a quarter of that other thread, before I realized there is a bit too much bickering for my taste. I completely would have missed a lot of really great info.

*oops....I just realized that Blue isn't the OP. Thank you Bloodcloud for making this thread! I still appreciate you Blue, and all you do. It's true! We love you! (......yup, I just did that. I will now gladly accept digital slaps)

20. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

The fact that the questions got answered has a HUGE impact on the community's outlook of the development. The door has now swung the other way and I for one am happy that it happened. I hate seeing a community turn into a moshpit of negativity.

Torren, Donseluke, nababoo and 4 others like this.