1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Weapons&Equipment Megathread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DarkDXZ, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

:mad: <<< look at this badass emotion, he is just badass

Autoantitheft likes this.
  2. Marcus Eralice

Marcus Eralice Big Damn Hero

Perhaps a 'gauntlet' type weapon, for all those times you just want to punch something in the face.

3. x-adam1234-x

x-adam1234-x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey I would like to know if melee weapon have even been confirmed yet and if so is their any information about them been procedurally generated like the guns.
    EDIT: i talked to Rho and she said they will be procedurally generated

4. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

I would love to have a gatling or even a laser gatling or other Fallout-style weapons. *cough* Fatman *cough*

5. x-adam1234-x

x-adam1234-x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Drink me*
    anyway i want acid containers that you can throw that damage humans

6. bioemerl

bioemerl Subatomic Cosmonaut

or perhaps it would confuse them for a while...

x-adam1234-x likes this.
  7. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

My wishlist:

- In addition to the drills that appear to be in the game, I would like to see a series of mining lasers. They mining faster then the drills but drain energy, with the highest level being a power guzzling monster that positively melts rock.
    - While others have mentioned something like it on another thread, I would also like to see a mineral scanner with an effect similar to the treasure hunter potion in terraria.
    - Granted it's questionable how well this can be accomplished (anyone remember the somewhat disappointing Toolbelt from Terraria?) but I would like to see a possible "Constructor" line of equipment. Deployable turrets (which we might get,) something that buffs/maintains turrets and other deployables, a gadget that reinforces blocks to make them more resilent, maybe something like the Ruler but easier on the eyes? While I didn't treat Terraria like a giant LEGO set the same way I did with Minecraft, I did tear up the map looking for the Mechanic and enjoyed practicing my siegecraft with the Goblin Army (delicious retribution for how many times they beat me up earlier in the game) so... actually I'm going to have to put that thought on hold if you don't mind.

8. Ferroseed

Ferroseed Phantasmal Quasar

I hope there's some type of shields or something along those lines. I'd like to be able to block attacks.

9. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

A riot shield wouldn't be particularly out of place, I think.

10. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

I think a greatsword that could also tripled as a shield by holding the thing in front of you, and laser cannon that it was built around would be nice... although this is a little over ambitious.
    musta think of over complex weapons now.

11. Eldunari

Eldunari Void-Bound Voyager

Or a gun that shoots chainsaws :D
    A singularity gun would be awesome, and singularity grenades.

12. Valos

Valos Void-Bound Voyager

Boltters, heavy boltters, flamers, meltaguns and awesome heavy ornamented armors to boot, and chainswords

yes, Warhammer 40k. Happyness is warm boltter

And I so want to jump out of the carrier/space craft (with jetpacks) when its making overflight while raining bombs and firing rapid covering fire to the landing area.
    More so if we get it so that 1 guy is piloting the craft and others can be gunners/bombers and yet more can jump out at will.

Even if i dont get any of this, my hopes are in starts that this is going to be real blast game!

13. Autoantitheft

Autoantitheft Void-Bound Voyager

A plethora of ideas for your viewing pleasure :)
    Feel free to criticise and give feedback!

Force gloves anyone?

they would be technically be melee weapons but would work by blasting out a oversized holographic fist each time you attack. Medium damage. medium knockback. limited range

Lightning gun

would shoot a zap of lightning which could arc between enemies and makes them flinch on contact, could be deadly when shot into water and fatal if shot while in water. medium damage. slight knockback (then makes them flinch).

Raccon belt

summons a squad of devious little raccons from the very wilderness itself (maybe about 5) that attack and stop attacking on your command (follow you closely when not attacking), each would die after taking damage equal to 1/10 of your complete health. will not allow you to summon more until down till 1 remaining raccon. very low damage (from each individual). small knockback.

Book of the dead

would work similarly to the raccon belt except it would summon undead creatures native to that planet to fight for you (about 3). 5% chance to spawn one with a crown which does 3 times the regular damage of the others. has a cooldown time of 20-30 secs. medium damage. small knockback.

Travelling cloak (vanity item)

a nifty travelling cloak that flutters gently in the breeze. vanity item with no apparent use. would have a variety of colours and styles.

Antlers of battering (maybe horns of ramming?)

would allow you to charge into your enemies as an attack (ramming into them with the antlers). making contact while not attacking would still hurt.

Sonic castanets

These would would send out a 90 degree wide shockwave of sound on attack which would do small damage but have huge knockback. about a 0.5 sec interval between claps. low damage. large knockback.

Photon ring (defensive option)

on attacking you would extend your fist and shoot out a quick concussive beam-shot of light. medium damage. high knockback. particle after-effects.

Photon ring (offensive option)

on attacking you would extend your fist and shoot out a constant beam of light. low-medium damage. no knockback. particle after effects.

Electric rat (equipment)

An equipable creature that would otherwise be stored in a plastic container. it would protect you from damage from physical contact with enemies once every 7 seconds and instead discharge a small shock onto the attacker, making them flinch and hurting them, can damage multiple enemies in the immediate (about 2 blocks distance) vicinity but does not arc. small damage. no knockback (makes flinch).

Plumbers boots (equipment)

would allow you to damage enemies by jumping on top of them. low damage. small knockback.

Techgamer and Grubbfang like this.
  14. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

Missile Pack (Tech Slot - Back) Yes, this means no jetpack while wearing this :mad:

On use, shoots out 10-20 mini missiles that deal Low damage, but have knockback and homing capabilities.

Each missile makes a small explosion on contact, and if multiple missiles hit in the same 2-3 block area it will make the explosion bigger, dealing more damage, knockback, etc.

Burns enemies and can catch them on fire. Has 20-40 second cooldown.

gejiryu likes this.
  15. Rake the Vulpix

Rake the Vulpix Big Damn Hero

Giant Syringe Swords:
    Deal low damage
    High chance of De-Buff

Techgamer and gejiryu like this.
  16. Grubbfang

Grubbfang Master Chief

There are some great ideas there, wish some of them would be considered for the game.

Autoantitheft likes this.
  17. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A Flamethrower, because honestly, I don't want to talk very far to set enemies on fire.

Barbeque likes this.
  18. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I hope we get at least SOME star based weapons (Like the Star Cannon) Infact I could see it as an entire armor tier.

19. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know what, I don't want a Star Cannon. Stars just aren't enough. I want a BLACK HOLE CANNON!

Techgamer likes this.
  20. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

...I'm not sure how the physics would work on that, but perhaps you would enjoy a QUASAR CANNON. Seeing how a Quasar is a HUGE burst of energy and the most powerful force in the known universe. (Unless they updated that list)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.