October 16th - Quick Fix

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Say, not all 2H-melee weapons have block or decent alt-function yet. I can still maul anyone with a lightning attack using a burning hammer.

2. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Void-Bound Voyager

Is that outfit going to be in the update? I would kill to have that outfit on a character.

3. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

All these great additions to the game and still no pause button

Yzzey, Higuera and Hatsya Souji like this.
  4. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Dude, Terraria won't even come close to Starbound. The Bosses and PvP are going to be more than "interesting".

I have faith in Starbound and Chucklefish. You guys rock and have amazing personality!
    Stay awesome! :up:

Peelz likes this.
  5. Gettornado

Gettornado Void-Bound Voyager

Please make more gras and fauna in starbound like teraria

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Got it. Will ensure foie gras is added to the game.

7. Well thing is, at this moment Terraria provides more fun on those 2 aspects than Starbound (multiplayer) can ever do. And it worries me the fact they don't mention anything on that on their blog post for "what's left" to 1.0.

I honestly feel they neglect multiplayer in a geral way, because when it comes to the game all kinds of cute shiny stuff is added, on the multiplayer side (fixes, stability, balancing), we rarely see things happening. If they keep this balance system on multiplayer, Bosses and PvP will never be fun if we continue with the 1-Hit Kills system. o_O

Jonesy likes this.
  8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Multiplayer should not be a priority until the base framework is done. You will have to accept that

maverick_hunter likes this.
  9. But the base framework is done, their 1.0 roadmap on Chucklefish do not mention anything about servers and the things about pvp, bosses i already mentioned, as well many features that were supposed to be included on multiplayer that devs hyped for before the game actually released (mod sync server-client, server-side chars, etc...) are some sort of "mirages" right now he hear nothing but silence from them about.

But my biggest worry is how they are giving more power to clients on servers on next update, the lua files! More errors, more hacks, more instability. How can they let a normal player have more control over your server than actually you as the server owner? I keep my hopes they don't sacrifice Multiplayer for good in their mission of make the game fully moddable.

10. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It not done at all. The current status effect changes are part of that and so is the progression they're working on. They'll get to work on Multiplayer once Singleplayer is solid enough. It's pointless to do work on Multiplayer when the foundations could change on the introduction of a new mechanic the next day.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  11. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Tarraria PvP used to be broken. They fixed that. And they will fix it.

Peelz likes this.
  12. I hope so, i guess the only legit way to balance PVP is to when people toggle Pvp be scaled all to X Health / Armor / Energy, so the 1-hit kills stop happening just because 2 players are not using the same tier gear.

13. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

Really? Now I feel stupid... You have to forgive me but its been forever since I last played SB, my memory about what's new and what ins't is getting murky at this point.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  14. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

You never pressed S before? @@

15. buddyit89

buddyit89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can someone give me a idea of when the next stable update will come out this month this year next year?

16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

When it's ready

17. buddyit89

buddyit89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when will it be ready?

18. Jonesy

They're not going to tell us until it's nearly ready. They gave up on giving ETAs.

19. SupertankerZambda

SupertankerZambda Void-Bound Voyager

I pretty smart move. I never trust ETAs from indie devs anyway, because I know how much can go wrong. That should also keep anymore 'you lied about the ETA' people from popping up.

Of course now we'll have people saying 'They won't tell us when it'll be ready, so they must not be working on it.'

Over the last year and a half, I've learned it's very hard to make decisions that people agree with. But this whole 'nightly post on progress' thing seems to be working for the most part.

20. Jonesy

Yeah, I think the big issue is what happens if they miss the date. People will use anything to try and defame the devs should they appear to be wronging them. We still hear people trying to use "thick-and-fast" in their arguments, even though the devs recognized it wasn't working and moved on.

Peelz likes this.