October 10th - Integration

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Oct 10, 2014.

1. phoenixofthelost

phoenixofthelost Big Damn Hero

Would a system that's similar to a magic system fit into the lore or game? If so, what might it be? One could be useful with new status effects. And I don't mean magic in general, I'm thinking of a glove like item that uses modules or something. I know it's the wrong post.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Here's a diff.
    Code:
    FILES
    -----
    interface\cockpit\cockpit.config

DIFFS
    -----
    interface\cockpit\cockpit.config
    443d442
    < "callback" : "close",
    1407801019670.gif

Jonesy likes this.
  3. bluecollarart

bluecollarart Big Damn Hero

It works so long as it's "science magic". They're already working on a magic staves (but SCIENCE!) system, I think some of them are in the nightlies.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Clarke's Third Law. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

The | Suit likes this.
  5. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

... And when it comes to stuff like removing bits of an atmosphere, planet, turning stuff into other stuff, or simply the fact that there's living stuff in this universe...
    We have Law's Third Clarke: Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

Kawa likes this.
  6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I wish they would release one of their future plans posts like they did a few months back.
    To see how much their plans have changed and what new directions they are going if any.

http://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-starbound/
    ===
    Right now the things which have yet to see any news on is

• NPC Spawners & Building Logic: NPCs will scan the structures you build around them and the contents of chests; they will have improved inventories/behaviors depending on how valuable their surroundings are.
    • Macro Terrain Changes: Affect an entire planet’s terrain and weather
    • Spaceship Dungeons: Very large, size of a planet.
    • Mini-Map: Rotating circular map showing highlights only such as the location of friendly players, spawn points–but no major details. For the details you’d use a mapping item to create a map as you travel.
    • Dramatic Planet Modification: Not going to be implemented any time soon. Ability for players to modify huge chunks of planets through things like orbital bombardment; removing the entire first layer of a planet and leave behind a lifeless surface.
    • Villager AI: Villagers will aggro when you steal from them and follow you more aggressively.
    • Capture Pods & Mercenaries: May be able to capture NPCs with pods. Summon NPC Mercenaries by using the pod as a beacon.
    • Events: Game events, invasions and so on will keep the experience fresh.
    But if the future plans is any measure of completion. They are probably around 70% done of the design plans they listed.

Jafetgx likes this.
  7. grabpants

grabpants Orbital Explorer

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Swearing . Expires: 1 of your Earth Months
    DUDE holy shit this game! I remember waayyyy back when I payed for it. Good times. 14 dollars amiss and still half a years past promised release date. Really fucking peachy.

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

ahh the year of 2000TBA
    i remember that year

(you know the promised release date was and still is TBA right? lol)

9. grabpants

[DOUBLEPOST=1413268728][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Seeing as magic doesn't exist, nothing can mimic it, as there isn't anything to mimic.
    Clark's third law is irrelevant and not most certainly not a law.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

and you grab pants!
    well it was a Saturday update and they dont work saterday, so i didnt expect much

11. grabpants

• User was warned for this post. Reason: Breaking the Golden Rule. Penalty: 1 point / 1 month.
    and you day dream about intercourse with anime stylized equines.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Seems to me the pantsman never imagined why those ladies with all their epic herbal knowledge got burned for witchcraft, or what'd happen if you showed a medieval person a TV. Oh well, his loss. And Dashie? No quoting the diffs. Even if they're tiny. And speaking of tiny diffs:
    Code:
    FILES
    -----
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\absorb.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\air.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\attack.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\berserk.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\bounce.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\brain.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\cold.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\darken.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\defense.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\energy.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\fire.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\forcefield.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\glow.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\hawkeye.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\heal.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\healblock.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\health.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\invisible.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\jumpboost.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\nude.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\poison.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\poison2.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\runboost.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\sleep.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\tar.png
    [NEW] interface\statuses\newstats\warm.png
    items\armors\backitems\dangerbarrel\dangerbarrel.back

DIFFS
    -----
    items\armors\backitems\dangerbarrel\dangerbarrel.back
    7c7
    < "shortdescription" : "Dangerous Barrel",
    ---
    > "shortdescription" : "Explosive Barrel",

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I would never betray horse AI. :3

Kawa likes this.
  14. bluecollarart

bluecollarart Big Damn Hero

I don't get it, why do you care so much about people quoting the diffs? Sure, they don't show up when you quote them, but if they don't show up either way then what's the difference between editing them out and quoting them? Same result either way.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because most of them are huge, for starters.

16. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i edited it with a picture so i dont see why my post got removed =p

17. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

>giant red crayon

my first thought was CTF, my second thought was those water bottles for kids a restaurant named Lil' Cesar's used to sell in our local K-Mart that were shaped like crayons.

...I never got the blue one. ):

18. amagicbox

amagicbox Void-Bound Voyager

That would be great, except for the fact that the nightly builds crash upon opening, every time. at least for me.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Try removing the universe, mods, and player folders, and your configuration file, then try again.

20. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Incidentally nightlies are hit-and-miss for me with the last 2 working but the 2 before that not working. Tried this solution on every not-working build so far (except the few that I missed) and its rate of success is just as random as the thing loading in the first place.

Probably just the general bugginess of these things though. I have similar problems with a couple other alpha/beta games, two of which traced the problem back to my OS being 64bit and them only having 32bit OSes to test on internally.

This likely isn't very helpful since it's been going on for months and seems to resolve itself for the most part but, yeah. If it persists in the next stable release I'll be more proactive about it.

amagicbox likes this.