November 5th - Just Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

So right now you have to make structures out of Dungone blocks for it to work. Unless you tinker with the ID's directly I presume

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Way I understand it, and I'm willing to try it right now, is that if you place a shield generator in your own self-built spot, it'll shield all your shit. Cos dungeonIDs include players, IIRC.

Edit: confirmed. Please read this for more info.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  3. SteamCloud

SteamCloud Void-Bound Voyager

Another solution is to check the system has a moon and if not then place the player somewhere else. This would ensure there is no discrepancy between different players universes.

4. Rossomak

Rossomak Void-Bound Voyager

I've had many people tell me about this magical config file, but despite following all instructions sent my way, I cannot find it; my starbound folder seems to have none...

5. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

that reminds me. can you add/remove liquids in protected dungeons?

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Please hold.

Answer: liquid is also protected.

7. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, I'll stick to the Swedish variant "Jippie!" to avoid further confusion until the official Hylotl version comes along. :p I mean, surely fish people must have some sort of cheerful interjection..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
    Akado likes this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Glub.
    [​IMG]

Captain Rage likes this.
  9. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this would be redundant in starbound but I'm just waiting to see someone make a cobblegen with liquid transportation and the new logic just because I wouldn't put it past someone to try.