November 21st - What's in my Swimming Pool?

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

The .gifs man, they're killing my computer! I can't even load the front page anymore. The tab crashes... and it's not like I'm lacking in CPU, GPU or RAM... Imma clear my cache... for the second time today.

2. Knight9910

Knight9910 Existential Complex

Yeah, but I guess Chucklefish didn't see that episode of Mythbusters. :p

3. IcyLucario

IcyLucario Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ohohoh id love a kracken boss.
    :eek::diving:[DOUBLEPOST=1416648051][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That must be a bad computer because I have terrible internet. But even when my internet isnt reset it loads it.
    And I mean my internet is so bad its like microwave hooked up to toaster.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

5. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

May i ask which kind of tentacles?

6. deing

deing Void-Bound Voyager

Finnally underwater news!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! I'm so happy right now! I always imagined a house under water <3!!!

Mikerlantz likes this.
  7. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

Why is novakid replaced with penguin?

8. sime

sime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how about fishes swimming in the background. Imagine exploring the ocean biome and some huge Jaws / Megalodon thing is swimming in the background!

presidenthobbes likes this.
  9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because they're working on penguins as an NPC species and I'm not allowed to make my own inferences any more.

apinanaivot likes this.
  10. presidenthobbes

presidenthobbes Void-Bound Voyager

the fish should get bigger and stronger the deeper you go in the oceans, also add special water-only consumables (harpoons, barbed nets, sea mines, etc.)

11. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Any tentacle'd creature, even the one that invaded Earth for Humans (yea, the stupid vanilla ones, and the almighty Terrans*) and their anime-eyed cousins (Ningens*)

* Human Race-related mods, regarded as Earthlings' cousins

12. Alecrewex

Alecrewex Void-Bound Voyager

Things is getting more and more interesting on Starbound. Should'nt it be awesome with some kind of aquatic boss of some sort, i mean, it would be perfect for the aquatic planet biome, and who don't want a huge boss lurking in the seas of Starbound?

Hatsya Souji and Uzkniso like this.
  13. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

At first I was confused by this, but I remember back when I fiddled with a machinima tool called WoW Model Viewer, which made it possible to view entity and objects models of the World of Warcraft. The "character" directory was not only filled with the player races but non-player races as well, and to a certain extent allowed the application of armor that's typically worn by the player onto these non-player races. (just don't try to put pants and/or boots on a naga, it'll just look weird)

As for why the penguin is currently a playable character... I'm guessing it has to do with the tweaking the collision boxes (appears to be two tiles tall, but still requires a four tile high tunnel to traverse caves/tunnels) and tweaking the limb animations because as I was playing as a penguin it's arms... well... it felt like I was playing as Rayman in a penguin suit. :rofl:

*imagines a mixed Nordic/Inuit-themed village on a tundra planet whose locals happen to be the penguins*

Silvestre and Kawa like this.
  14. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

Oh, that's awesome.
    Suggestions, though:

-Make tons of fish. Since the ocean is a vast and mysterious place, add unimaginable types and sizes of undersea life.

-Make certain small fish travel in schools. It would be so cool to be swimming deep in an alien planet and, end up seeing like 20 fish just swimming in patterns as they travel.

-Circle of life. Make larger fish hunt smaller fish, and chase them like in real life. That'd be cool.

Alright, that's all. I don't want to overflow the info. X3

15. Uzkniso

Uzkniso Big Damn Hero

Yea, that would be awesome!

16. Poiuy2010_2011

Poiuy2010_2011 Void-Bound Voyager

Hah, I love swimming pools :p Good job Chucklefish

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Okay, these arent BAD ideas, but remember this isn't SEAbound, its Starbound. Does forest biomes have giant huge carnivore tree bosses?

18. X Tw1st3d En1gma X

X Tw1st3d En1gma X Lucky Number 13

I hope they make the next update soon :D I can't wait for the full version

Silvestre and Uzkniso like this.
  19. DoubleCannon

DoubleCannon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bring on a Megalodon! I wanna see some serious sea monsters! Would be awesome!

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I am Groot.

(translation: Space is an ocean.)