November 17th - The food that makes you buff!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Nov 18, 2014.

1. TheNarrator

TheNarrator Subatomic Cosmonaut

Apart from Cans of Spam, Starbound definately needs Cans of Whoopass. Izzabelle, you're really knowledgeable about both dealing with spam and opening cans of whoopass. Convince Armagon to do it! :badger:

Kawa likes this.
  2. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

[​IMG]

If you want something grand- ask for SPAM. Don't flee Earth and giant tentacle monsters without it! Spam is tastier than any Avian organ meat you care to mention.

Spam is neat! Nutrient replete! It sure don't taste like Apex meat!*

*Manufacturer does not guarantee absence of apex-based protein material.

3. Davidius

Davidius Void-Bound Voyager

May! More Weapons to kill birds with!

4. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh I'll give you some apex-based protein material ;)

I feel they should add a whole series of redneck type food. Better yet, have a deep fryer furniture.

5. TheNarrator

TheNarrator Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Novakid are destined for Spam, baked beans and homedestilled schnapps. How awesome would that be?

Warped Perspectiv likes this.
  6. TerrarianoBr

TerrarianoBr Void-Bound Voyager

I think I'll die and that crap will not get out of beta..... So far not come out of beta.... I think I'll die and that crap will not get out of beta. ArcheAge is a sandbox game no more in this beta... ¬¬''

I think I spent money for nothing!

7. HawK3yLV

HawK3yLV Phantasmal Quasar

FIREWORKS... ...those colors :V

8. Mero

Mero Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe they built the ship on another planet and before they could leave a meteor hit something important and now there stuck there.

9. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm really hoping to see some food buffs that are relatively weak but have a very long duration. For example; a regen that is half (or third) the rate of using a bed but, lasts 10 or 15 minutes.

Also would be pretty cool if some ingredients (herbs and spices?) simply acted as enhancers to base effects i.e. improving the magnitude of the effect or extending it's duration.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  10. geebcoder

geebcoder Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice, i'm looking forward to play the finished version.

Suggestion: you can implement the food categories as collapsible lists, with icons on the left, so you won't run out of space :D

11. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

man, screw birds anyway

Uzkniso likes this.
  12. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

It'd be a bit redundant given they already have categories you can click on at the bottom of the list. Unless I'm misreading your suggestion here.

13. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

i know

14. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Dat trendy cowboy glitch tho... :megusta:

That's exactly the looks I was aiming for my next glitch character. Thank you for that.

15. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Does spinach give a strength buff?

Type1Ninja and NeoFoxx000 like this.
  16. geebcoder

geebcoder Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I meant space for more categories. The more categories you create, the more icons you need and therefore more window space. However, if they are collapsible lists, the space is virtually infinite :)

17. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Quickly! Someone do the math on exactly how infinite it is!
    :rofl:
    It would be quite large. Would it be larger or smaller than Starbound's number of unique worlds, though? :disshappy:

Caelann likes this.
  18. Ferengi Latinum Farmer

Ferengi Latinum Farmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm very interested in the what effects we'll get from foods not in the main categories. I'll hope for foods that temporarily change your form (Penguin Form) or provide other cosmetic effects.

19. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Spicy Currrrryyyyyyy...

20. anthcool

anthcool Tentacle Wrangler

To Armagon and the Chucklefish dev team as a whole,

Hey! I'm really appreciative of your teams' consistent effort to keep us fans and beta testers up to date! This game is going to rock when it's done!

Finally, and the reason for my reply, your plans thus far for recipes/crops/ingredients is great! What I'd like to see implemented would be like a collections interface that us players can see our progress on how many different recipes/dishes/items in general not necessarily related to cooking we've found/collected/created, etc. It would be fun to try and fill up our collections in like a Recipe Book and other types of Books that allow the user to keep track of what they've stumbled upon and acquired or made. It would provide the user more incentive than just buffs to collect and create different things while either crafting or cooking, etc. PLEASE DO THIS!!!

Sincerely,
    A big fan and supporter!