November 17th - The food that makes you buff!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

No, they're statues made of poop. And they're actually golems. And then they work with the mechanical spiders to kill you.

So, Batman, Skyrim (Dwemer Dungeons), and the ever present poop golems.

That's 3 logics we can all proudly say that we completely not.

The Logic was quite undeniable
    The AI was most unreliable
    I say "Let the birds come!
    We'll blast off their bums!"
    With fireworks we'll prove they're un-fry-able.

2. Mystify

Mystify Void-Bound Voyager

fireworks are always a welcome addition to a game. because fireworks.

I am glad the recipies to buffs will follow a logical pattern. I always find that much more satisfying than arbitrary combinations leading to arbitrary effects.

3. Royal_Starlord

Royal_Starlord Big Damn Hero

So what are the new crops and foods? :U

4. MessiasMummo

MessiasMummo Void-Bound Voyager

Aw man, I guess I'll have to put away my weapons and mining tools and start a restaurant.

I really love these new crops and recipes! :giggle:

5. DruBomber

DruBomber Seal Broken

I want to firework!

6. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright food buffs, Stuff stacks and Fireworks, got it.

Happy to hear you are half way through!

(Some antipoison - food would be judicious!)

Type1Ninja and Sitanel like this.
  7. Mero

Mero Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have made (and eaten) so many pearlpea pancakes.. so many...

Hey Avians are not stupid!

RenaldiForumStar likes this.
  8. Zephyr1990

Zephyr1990 Void-Bound Voyager

Um not to be rude but how long is it going to be for the next update to come out?

9. weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

I hope that them fireworks will be in a gun in some sort, because I can't wait to arm a turret with one of those things.

10. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bons?

11. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

wouldnt it be interesting to make it Elder Scrolls like, so that we have to "discover" the buffs first, before the food is sorted into a category?

12. SimpleTrooper

SimpleTrooper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

New food sistem looks nice! And one question: will we get new recepies after discovering new ingridient or after cooking some stuff with it?
    Also... FIREWORKS!!! Now we'll realy be able celebrate the official reliese of Starbound!:party:

EldrickTobin likes this.
  13. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

The Avian race being stupid or not is up for debate.

But for those individuals in question, i think it's undeniable to say its stupid to build a base on a world thats often struck by meteors when they (most likely) have other options.

14. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Fireworks hooray!

EldrickTobin likes this.
  15. EldrickTobin

EldrickTobin Void-Bound Voyager

I can use these fireworks -as a turret- to set fire to the boiling oil keeping the pumpkin monsters out of my crops.

Can't trust the guards with them certainly. Dead "vultures" all over the dining room in my future that way.

16. eRat

eRat Space Hobo

It'd be great to have quests that require some random buff combinations to pass.

17. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like how the food and farming system are shaping up, there is only one thing that worries me: It looks like there will be an "ultimate" food. Which will make it obsolete crafting any of the other recipes you got so far, because the last one is the best. I really hope that it will be really difficult to craft and need crafted items made out of all the 35 plants.
    This way it would give one an incentive to continue farming all of them, instead of just a couple of the best ones. And as a secondary bonus, it would give one a reason to still continue making those "lesser" recipes, because you need to wait for some ingrendients to mature or just need a bigger amount of a specific buff than you could manage if you tried to make the highest one.

18. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

Fireworks and quests.....Hmm....Fireworks going off when you complete a quest? :)

19. Silver200x

Silver200x Subatomic Cosmonaut

can you hold the firework and shoot it?? that would be immense, but take a slight burn damage from the result? the cooking element is brilliant, it adds more versatility of options to take in the game as cooking was just a novelty extra and now it means previously cooking, as with the current build I never built a cooking table as I never used it, I just used to grow food purely to eat in case no meat was around, now cooking and ingredient hunting will be fun and rewarding too!

Super work Guys & Girls :) can you create for the ocean biome a rowing boat please :p lol. i would create my self but dont have a clue, i know its a novelty extra, but on an ocean world, the first thing you would create is a boat. or a raft.[DOUBLEPOST=1416306889][/DOUBLEPOST]is there a way to manually increase the memory the game uses, say if you have 8gb or 16gb, it can load more map, what i have noticed if i run really fast, sometimes i outrun the land generator and have to wait approx 2/3 secs. or turn in other direction, and back a little then run in the original direction?

20. trevtrev800

trevtrev800 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is great! Farming is one of my favorite parts to the game, and now I will have something to show for it other than a bunch of crops. Thanks!