November 14th - Now we're cooking!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Nov 14, 2014.

1. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, I just got back from lunch and now I'm hungry again. :rofl:

But seriously though, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Though curiosity piques me: will certain foods still remain as race restricted (example: bananas unsafe to all but Apex, chili unsafe to all but Humans), or is that system also going the way to the hunger system, and by that I mean is it going to be gone as well?

*sees meat pie listed* GIMME GIMME GIMME! Sorry, I really love meat pie. Doesn't matter if it's chicken, pork, beef, all three mixed, or something non-traditional like frog (frog leg pot pie to be exact). Though considering the setting of this game... *imagines an Alien Meat Pot Pie*

On the note of the desert screenshot, looking good! It doesn't look so barren now.

2. Chaos Sponge

Chaos Sponge Astral Cartographer

ok i wont give a shit if i get banned from this forums IF i get my point acrossed, so start it... and don't spam or the staff will think "Hey this is just spam" type this once please

#BringBackHungerBar

Longpork and Hatsya Souji like this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Remind me, was that ever an actual thing? My playstyle doesn't exactly let me run into such things.

#TeamHungerBar, I believe you mean?

4. Chaos Sponge

#TEAMHUNGERBAR

Philus, Longpork and Hatsya Souji like this.
  5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

No it wasn't I ate supposedly poisoned food for my human all the time and he was fine

#BringBackHungerBar X 999999999999999

Philus, Longpork and Hatsya Souji like this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I thought so. This banana certainly doesn't specify anything about being apex-only...

#TeamRainbowBarf

7. After giving it more thought, while the current hunger system can be pretty repetitive, it did give food more value so to speak. Sure the new method does give buffs, but potentially starving to death did give the game a better sense of realism/survival. I do think they should consider combining both systems as they both brought interesting ideas to the table. Just well, obviously tweak the hunger bar so it's not so frequent.

8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Exactly. Combining the two would be the best outcome.

Mero, presidenthobbes, Philus and 4 others like this.
  9. Chaos Sponge

#TeamHungerBar?

10. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

Because you don't have a valid argument.
    No offense, but absolutely nothing you quoted was relevant to what I said. If it were, you'd have explained it and not stated you're not willing to defend your comment.

11. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

From the sound of it, he would probably welcome that feature. That's some good roleplay mechanics :D

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Being A Jerk. Expires: 1 Month
    Plot twist: at least three quarters of the people in this thread and the last have no valid argument and/or the ability to make one. I'll leave it to you to figure out who ;)

13. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

#TeamHungerOptional?

Mero, Philus, Longpork and 4 others like this.
  14. Mystify

Mystify Void-Bound Voyager

The issue is that there is no market need for it WITH hunger because you need so little compared to what you can get trivially. In any case, I was referring to selling the food to vendors for pixels.

15. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

#TeamHungerBar

Sure those candies will keep me hyper (Sugar Rush buff), but they'll never make me full. Give me a raw alien meat, and I'll be well-fed, but I'm luring insects (just like those damn birds from Stable versions).

16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

And now there never will be.

17. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It's so easy to say that when you decide what is valid and what isn't.

Mero, presidenthobbes, Philus and 3 others like this.
  18. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I was kind of hoping we could have hunger (maybe even thirst?) reserved for hardcore/permadeath, but this new buff system seems to nullify that whole concept. Don't get me wrong, I think this new buff system is going to be really great, I'm just really going to miss the survival element of having to consume things to stay alive. Oh well, if hunger never sees the light of day again, I can always be hopeful with mods. The glory of modding!

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

So deliciously defeatist.
    Thank you. I needed that.

Excuse you? If anything I was keeping the option open that I was one of the people without valid arguments. Didn't stop to consider that one, did ya? Blinded by hunger, perhaps? :D

20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I'll stop being defeatist when I see anything promising. This change is anything but. It's like getting an apple but only the core without the pulp around it

Madzai likes this.