November 14th - Now we're cooking!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because reasons the devs have given in the news posts that you goons don't seem to read.

Kabu and Hatsya Souji like this.
  2. Chaos Sponge

Chaos Sponge Astral Cartographer

give me hunger or give me death

krzysztof likes this.
  3. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

And death you shall have. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's funny cos too much hunger results in death.

5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

We've read them and that still doesn't answer why both weren't even an option. Heck the majority of the last thread regarding this change was in FAVOR of keeping hunger but that clearly amounted to nothing.

6. Mystify

Mystify Void-Bound Voyager

Will being able to sell food, both as raw ingredients or finished meals, give people a reason to farm?

7. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

No because it'll be more profitable just to kill things and rent places once that is implemented. By removing food as a necessity you reduced the market need for it considerably >_> that's what the anti hunger people didn't get >_>

Mero, krzysztof, Philus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I do believe selling all sorts of stuff (including food) was part of the bigger plans, yes...

Royal_Starlord likes this.
  9. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

I think this is mainly speculation as I haven't heard anything about them adding in a way to sell goods, but that'd be a neat system as a way to earn pixels/ores.

Any quotes to back this up? I think a market being added to the game would be awesome and all this news on farming makes me want to get into it.

Mero and Kawa like this.
  10. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Where was the "survival element" mentioned? I was going off the quote provided and, as you say, if just using the word "survive" somewhere in the description qualifies, then any game might fit.

Not true. If it added nothing meaningful to the gameplay, removing it might have been the best option.

There were probably other way to change the system, but leaving in a "trivial" system that is more annoyance than fun is not one of the ones I'd call valid.

Kabu and Lecic like this.
  11. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

35 crops and 200 recipes...
    thats...a lot...
    seems like crops can be fun after that.
    Would be interesting to know if all recipes are known from the beginning, unlocked through recipes, or somehow through experimenting with them

12. Chaos Sponge

I simply am an hard core role player. I set a timer and every 3 hours i have my player take of his damn pants and sit on my little toilet. Every time i eat i have a drink with it, unless it is soup. The more real the better. PLUS! Just because a few people whined how it was "hard" not to die of hunger when food was #%$!ing everywhere that isn't my damn fault, it worked for minecraft and it is GIANT! I don't like it much but no denying its VIRAL. Please sir, i would make a huge donation for hunger...

13. NoGod

NoGod Void-Bound Voyager

Instead of always trying to pretend being different this is yet another aspect that should be directly copied from Terraria in the whole "If it ain't broke don't fix it" realm. Best decision they made in a while was getting rid of the hunger bar. Adding "buffs" has already been done, and done properly and well in Terraria. No reason to mess with the recipe too much. You farm in Terraria too, but to get plants for making potions for...BUFFS. You can use machines to raise goldfish for potions, and well you know the rest.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's people like you that make threads like this bearable. Thank you.

Royal_Starlord likes this.
  15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Survival games often include more than just fighting off the birds and not touching spikes. You wouldn't go and say Lost in Blue is the same as Legend of Zelda.

My point is with regard to systems ill take innovative over formulaic.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  16. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

Key Features:

• 7 playable races
    • A procedurally generated universe with unlimited procedurally generated planets
    • All content available in online drop in/drop out co-op
    • Generated dungeons full of unique enemies
    • Randomly generated monsters
    • Thousands of items
    • A deep crafting system
    • PVP gameplay
    • Own and decorate your own Starship
    • Develop your own home planet
    • Menacing boss battles
    • Procedurally generated guns and melee weapons
    • Farming, hunting and survival mechanics
    • Built from the ground up to support modding
    • Ongoing free updates
    • Multi-platform multiplayer

17. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It was an annoyance to SOME. Not everyone. AS you might have noticed from the last thread, the MAJORITY of people WANTED the hunger in. This isn't even pandering to the majority this time. It's nonsensical,

If it added nothing meaningful, slapping onto it the new buff system would have ADDED that something meaningful WHILE keeping the requirement to eat. So yes they are NOT mutually exclusive. If anything they fit together to make a far better whole than the hollow shell it is now with this change.

Now that hunger is gone, lets get rid of the need for oxygen too. Oh and get rid of cold deaths too. Lets make this perfectly safe for the tourists who only want a safe ride.

Philus and TheKassuriBard like this.
  18. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Luckily, you can still role play.

Just like you take your bathroom breaks without having the threat of an "I pooped my pants" debuff, you can still eat without the hunger bar. :)

CaptThad, Lecic, Peelz and 1 other person like this.
  19. Chaos Sponge

This man is genius[DOUBLEPOST=1415993312][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But really, if i had to imagine everything i could just sit and think for days. I want hunger cause its my really threat, and i love it.

TheKassuriBard likes this.
  20. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Bring back hunger bar!

CUE BGM: Monster Hunter Cooking theme

I honestly wanted to keep myself well-fed with Oculemon for a (supposed) gun accuracy overlay, a Spicy Burger for warmth and 2HP/sec regen, then Orange Shake for a Sugar Rush buff.

Roequ and Longpork like this.