1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Novakids fans may want to give the nightly assets different a look :3

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ludovic, Aug 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I won't say which so players who don't want to spoil themselves will not be(the title already is enough) but some of you folks may want to browse through some of the latest daily assets differences for the nightly buid:

http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/diffs/

The Squid, foxtails, Pingeh and 2 others like this.
  2. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh cool. Not a huge Novakid fan myself, but that is still pretty freaking neat to see coming up. Something about Cowboys and Trains just never did it for me, now if it was more Steampunk and Trains I might have gotten behind them a little more, as is I prefer my aztec birds and knightly robots.

3. Ludovic

"Aztec birds" is actully why I'm tempted by the thought of trying to start researching modding, specifically for custom weapons ^^;

Unlike others, I actually don't mind the old "racial" weapons being gone because they were woefully outdated with the new combat system... to try to update them all and make every tiers more than carbon copies of each others would have been a pain.

But using the new "weapons types unlocked through tiers" craftables.... I could imagines the ability to sneak in 2-3 racial uniques specifically tailored for their races in abilities as much as look is something I would love to see.

It was specifically seeing the tier unlocks(unlocking shotguns with tungsten, snipers with titanium, etc) of novakids firearms that makes me wish to try this. Avians being this traditional yet highly religious/mystic people.... I certainly could imagine them using something like a "plasma spear" able to attack in melee or shoot projectiles just like nuru's spear in the battle against the floran cavern's boss.

4. Alexthe666

Alexthe666 Starship Captain

I hope this means that novakid villages could spawn floating above gas giants. Would be cool af.

Mythril-Jelly and pop-yotheweird like this.
  5. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Novakids are great, I can't wait to have more opportunities to recruit novakids into my crew. Granted part of the reason I like them so much is the music composed for them (although racial music is not really used in tandem with the race it was composed for right now afaik).

6. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

So, what was that some said about no new content was coming post 1.0? :nurutease:

I love this.

Currently i planned of filling my novakid's ship with Steamspring and Steampunk Furniture, but this is pretty cool.

7. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

HYPE!!!
    Man, I just took a peek and my mind is racing!
    I don't want to wait for that stuff!

Same here! That stuff really fits their style.
    I was a bit bummed out to find out both steamspring and steampunk tenants could only be Glitch. They would really work as a Novakid alternative though!

Noir Korrane likes this.
  8. Noir Korrane

I rather like the Steampunk tenants though

9. Ludovic

Possibly, it sounds like the styles attached to novakids though is named "Frontiers" and may include windmills. Have yet to see, but it might mesh well(or not) with the steampunk/steamspring stuff nonetheless.

10. Atlantahammy

Atlantahammy Void-Bound Voyager

Ahhhh!! I can't wait for this, me and my buddy where just lamenting about how Novakids don't have quests and settlements and got all sad, I'm glad i found this topic.

11. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Somebody else already posted this in another thread, but I can't find it again, so I'll put it here. In this video you can see some Frontier furniture and a Novakid settlement. :nuruhype:

12. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

psh, and people say Chucklefish doesn't listen to their player base.

I laugh and bite my thumb at thee. praise our laughing aquatic multi-national overlords.

13. Alexthe666

Alexthe666 Starship Captain

Wow it looks fantastic. Just cant wait to read all the codexes!

14. Ludovic

I find interesting that it sounds like novakids village night literally be "a" saloon.

Though it might be more in time as their devolopment goes. I liked the construction though!

15. Noir Korrane

Yeah, that strikes me as odd.

But then, Hylotl settlements started as really small houses on islands of ocean planets and now look at them.

16. Aliencommander

Aliencommander Void-Bound Voyager

This is good but... odd? To add now, right after 1.0 and with an entire quest and storyline excluding novakids because these structures weren't in place to facilitate them