1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Novakid+ 1.4

playable mod race of the Novakid/Anodynes

1. CL4P-TR4P

CL4P-TR4P Void-Bound Voyager

The new file worked. And i didnt have any other "novakid+.treasurepools" files in the directory.

2. Alright, I'll update the mod with this version then; thanks for your help, and sorry for the trouble!

EDIT: Once the "502 Bad Gateway" errors let up, I suppose.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. CL4P-TR4P

CL4P-TR4P Void-Bound Voyager

i just realized the elunite mod had compatibility issues. it was updated to fix that and i forgot download the new version. :facepalm:

4. Son0fgrim

Son0fgrim Spaceman Spiff

Because that would require them to pay him a salary and he obviously seems content to be doing all this work for free :rofl:
    but seriously, epic mod man.

5. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The author of this mod did a wonderful job in bringing us the novakids way before their time back in the old stable build. But I do not believe this has to die because of the novakid race being official part of the new stable build. I think you could easily continue to expand and even assist the developers in further improving the novakid. Adding more variety and unique features to them.

I feel obliged to point that out because I did enjoy this mod plenty a times when playing in the old stable build. You are not forgotten :D

6. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Gotta say, the Novakid sprites in this mod are a lot better than the official ones.

Shaadaris likes this.
  7. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

Yeah, but that Kinda applies to all the race sprites, the official ones at least fit the already set style better.
    I would be nice to see what Bietol could do with the other races art... /shrug

8. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

This is a LOT better than what they gave us
    to be frank

im heavily dissapointed in the novakid release
    it's like they just took humans and slapped gas inside of them

the update in whole though is pretty good

9. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

There should be a way to replace Novakids+ with the vanilla Novakids, actually.

10. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

If Bietol is willing, then perhaps he could do what graphical modders like me, Annuschka, IcyOrio, Lissar, and Mrmii21 have done since over a year ago, and add his own custom Novakid sprites to the current official list of Novakid sprites. While I'm getting ready to update my mods for Upbeat Giraffe (although it'll take a while, and some mods may, unfortunately, be discontinued), I haven't had a need to add Glitch or Novakid hairstyles and such to my Community Hairstyles Pack (which, by the way, I'm thinking of splitting into several smaller hairstyle packs: 1 for each race), although if the community demands it, if the authors allowed it, and if I have the time, then perhaps I should consider creating a Novakid Hairstyles Pack? ;)

11. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I'd love that.
    The current hairstyles - which aren't even hairstyles- are just recolors of the human hairstyles.

12. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

Only a few of them are modified human styles.

13. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Wait, really?
    When I checked, all of them were recolors.
    I guess I was tired or high or something.

14. I'm currently working on turning as many of the Novakid+ assets into reskins for vanilla Novakid. It will probably be a different mod (planned name: Novaskin?) since functionally Novakid+ is an addon different race that isn't compatible with servers that don't have it.

I'm trying to reuse as many of the hairstyles from this mod as I can, but not all of them have an analogous match in the update, so for the remainders I need to repaint to look a bit more plasma-style while still resembling their original base to a degree. I'm almost done with the male hairs - I'll probably be done with the female hairs this weekend, and then I'll put it up (with a link here, of course)

As for this mod, I might make one more update just to make it compatible with the current version and to point references from human->novakid as a way to say "Thank you everyone for playing my mod!", but from there on I'd rather focus on the official Novakid than this provisional one.

Shadow Wolf TJC likes this.
  15. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

Well I know a few are cowboy styles and at least one is a reference to Adventure Time's Flame Princess, and I'd wager there are some others like that too, after all human males have 11 hairstyles of 'The Doctor'

16. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Thank you!
    The novakids in this mod look like actual mini-stars, while the vanilla ones look like a person wearing a cloth suit.

Also...
    The name is probably even better than the mod itself. :p

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  17. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Not trying to ask too much here - but could we please also have the train as a reskin? I've always preferred your train.
    "I've always preferred your train." -It makes sense in context.

18. phoenix66six

phoenix66six Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to see your animation for respawning as a mod or reskin

19. Santi

Santi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bietol, would Novaskin just be a retexture and hair addition mod or would it also add all the brand options you have in your race mod? The lack of brand options is the most disappointing part of the official Novakids for me.

20. I'm trying to avoid adding any options in the reskin in order to maximize compatibility. Ideally, you can install the mod and everything works, everywhere, and when you uninstall it everything still works and you're not suddenly bald or faceless.

I don't have any plans for this. I haven't yet looked into how the ship upgrade system works and how much work that would be, so for now I guarantee nothing.