1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Novakid- New starbound race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZangooseSlash, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

it is possible to make a character glow without the light levels being effected ive seen something similar done with a minecraft mod, though i dnt know if this could still be considered a class perk

2. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i mean, the avians are birds but don't fly or float, i believe their armors on the other hand let them do exactly that; class perks have always been a touchy subject in my opinion.

3. Silverduke1

true its just difficult to draw the line sometimes at least for me

4. Weiland

Weiland Big Damn Hero

Three hours left of the first day after pre-order went live, and we're coming up to around $350K.

Who here considers them a betting man (or she-man)? I'm thinking it might just hit $500K before midnight.

Edit: WELL, technically, seven hours left (I understand that not everyone can be like the cool kids and live in the Eastern timezone).

demanrisu and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Kreuz Drache

Kreuz Drache Big Damn Hero

Yeah, it's a breath of fresh air as well. Hardly anyone wants to be a cowboy/girl anymore. :< The western theme needs more love.

demanrisu, Axe Garian and Autzome like this.
  6. Autzome

i understand what you mean but we have to leave the class stuff to the devs, i prefer that the armor is the only thing that effects the character really early. it feels like its less of "This class is made for shooting" to a "This armor feels like it's made to get to places quickly but i could use this from armor another race to be more bulky!". it caters to people gaming style that way~

i know right?! i love the western feel~ hard work with danger around very corner is just a nice thrill(to me)

Herdo likes this.
  7. Silverduke1

agreed lets just let them figure it out.

Autzome likes this.
  8. Desolas

Desolas Subatomic Cosmonaut

We are the consumers. It's our responsibility to let the developers know what we want in the product. That's the whole point of the suggestion forum as well as this one.

So no, we should be the ones figuring it out.

9. Sirnak

Sirnak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hahaha, yes, it was on purpose. Though I can't confirm just HOW MUCH you were involved with the Novakids, I at least know about your art for them + your own work with the Anodynes thanks to a couple of clicks. But I'm sure there's way much behind it than that, I just don't visit the Suggestions section much. Mind if I ask you how precisely everything works out between the Anodynes and the Novakids and why and how the Novakids would be picked up before the Anodynes by the devs? :)

Oh, and while I'm at it writing to you: you're awesome.

(PS. No thanks for making me lie about posting once per month though! >.<)

10. Malzakor

Malzakor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I know what race I want to play as now

11. Silverduke1

um that had nothing to do with the conversation we where talking about the line between wether or not something would be considered a class perk or just design at least in my opinion but i do agree the community does need to make suggestions even if they get ignored its better to make them then feeling regret that you never suggested something

12. HyperActive

HyperActive Star Wrangler

I like this alot. As someone stated before it would be cool if they had a set that glowed. I have no doubt in my mind we will hit that milestone before release.

13. Narpas

Narpas Void-Bound Voyager

An extra playable race is nice and all. Personally, I would have preferred if we could have had the infamous race of Cats Piloting Mechs as playable. I know it might be possible via modding and all though.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  14. Autzome

On a side note. how do Novakids eat?

15. Desolas

It actually did since you agreed with leaving the devs to figure out class related perks.

16. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

WELL, I know which species I'm choosing now to start with. I really like the possible glowiness and western theme to everything.

As for the people complaining about the goal rewards. Why? They're giving people more incentive to pre-order, and even if the goal isn't met (This one will be, considering the response) they will more then likely add whatever they were offering in after release when they can actually do something other then finishing the game. I'm pretty sure the only reason they're doing this is because at the point they get to that goal, they will KNOW they will have enough funds to hire someone else to do the art and planning for the race so it doesn't take away from the rest of the game development.

Either way the Novakids are awesome. <3

17. Silverduke1

well i was more reffering to glowing (without eddecting the enviroment) and there arnt going to be class related perks in the game sorry if i was confusing now im confused as to wether or not that would pertain to this specifically

18. Desolas

I was speaking in general terms of what you were discussing.

19. Silverduke1

ok though it would be intresting to know if Armour perks will work when your also wearing vanity outfits like glowing while wearing something like a swimsuit or labcoat ect that would be really neat

20. Autzome

now you have confused me; we where simply discussing class perks and how they would be designed, a big if should be stated.

Silverduke1 likes this.