Nova Kid Belly Buttons?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Rapierian, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Rapierian

Rapierian Void-Bound Voyager

One of the Nova Kid character creation customization options is Belly Button. Is this just a placeholder, or is there something that is or will be customizable regarding Novakids' bellies?

Regardless, I think that it points out an enhancement to the character creation UI I would like to see:
    Being able to toggle the clothes on and off, so that it's easier to create a character that looks how you want them to, without having to find a shirt and pants that shows enough of the character to make sure you're don't accidentally have a clothing item covering an option you don't want.

The Hylotl is the other character race I've noticed can be difficult to see what your customization options are doing through the clothing.

2. weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

I've messed with it but it doesn't appear to do anything at all.

3. ShamanMcLamie

ShamanMcLamie Big Damn Hero

Yeah I notice the Belly Button too and when I went to see what was added exactly I saw nothing. Unless someone states otherwise it seems like it's just a placeholder.

In my opinion what goes there should be simple. Brand color choose the color of their brand.

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

It kind of sounds like it DOES do something, but has the famous Human Underwear problem.

5. ShamanMcLamie

ShamanMcLamie Big Damn Hero

The thing about the underwear problem is you can see the result after you start the game. The same cannot be said of the Novakid where nothing seems to change . Also there is a trick to choosing what undy color your human will have.

6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Belly button option does what it says. It allows you to choose has your Novakid a belly button or not.
    If you don't even know what is a belly button (aka navel): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navel

I remember one of the spriters (might've been George V) insisted that Novakid should have a belly button. Of course it doesn't make any sense for a Novakid to have a belly button because they are not mammals. Apparently they decided to give it a choice to have one or not. You can't see it in the character creation due to the reason the clothes overlap the rest of the body, like underwear with humans. It may be a joke or a placeholder, the devs haven't given any information on that matter I believe.

7. Slacker Darksoul

Slacker Darksoul Space Hobo

Can't really identify exactly what it does but if you cycle through the "options" you can see a slight change in pixel quantity around the edges of the character and oddly hand/arm positioning on some of them

8. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

its hard to see the color on the underwear on humans under all off those clothes my ex ray isen't whats it used to be and most of the time i get pink or purple x(