1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Not taking fall damage

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Thalant, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Thalant

Thalant Zero Gravity Genie

Hi,
    I was exploring a cave on the first planer when I found some kind of teleporter underground that lead me to some kind of mission about the Realocator. During this mission, the fall damage was nullyfied (so I didn't get any damage). Well, the point is that I fucked up at some point and had to leave beaming up to my ship. After returning to the planet, I suddenly realize that I am not getting fall damage any more, and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how I left the mission without completing it and probably not adjusting the fall damage back to it's normal value.
    Is there any fix to this? I wanna take damage for falling again.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I think your player scripts crashed.
    Any mods? Actually just provide starbound.log by either attaching the file to the thread, or within code tags.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I hear Tonauac gives that as a buff occasionally. I'm not sure if it has a buff icon associated with it. Did you talk to him and he didn't seem to give you a buff?

4. Thalant

Should I do anything special (like jump from a high place and then close the game) before providing the starbound.log?

Hmm, I'm not sure if I talked to him, but the buff should have gone by now if that was the case, I think. I'll take a look anyway.
    Edit: I'm talking to him right now and I seem to not be getting any buff. Maybe it was that after all. Anyway to check?

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Not really. At any point where you noticed this has occurred(and it isn't a blessing) that's probably the player script crashing, so the log should be insightful to us.

6. Thalant

Nevermind, solved! It was that damn invisible Tonauac buff. I really think it shoould be fixed by somehow letting the player know it has the buff, don't know if it's intentional but please change it!
    Thanks everyone :)