Noob question about xnb files

Discussion in 'Mods' started by FrankBoone, Mar 3, 2017.

1. FrankBoone

FrankBoone Intergalactic Tourist

I'm new to modding and I haven't tried this yet, though should ask. I would like to basically copy an image and use it in an xnb file, though of course the image would not be pixelized in the PNG format (before I pack it). I'm guessing if I was to try to convert it to xnb I would encounter an issue. Is this the case, or would it become pixelized to match upon the conversion to xnb? If not, what can I do to make this work (I'm using paint.net to make it)?

• ghomerghamer

ghomerghamer Void-Bound Voyager

in order to use a PNG within the XNB file, it needs to be the same pixel size as the original PNG that came out of the XNB to start with. for example, character portraits are 64x64 pixels, arranged 2 wide by X long, depending on how many moods the character needs in the portraits for the story. as long as your PNG keeps the same dimensions for each portrait (64x64), and the background of each portrait is transparent, it can be re-packed into the usable XNB. make sure the PNG and the YAML files are in the same folder, and named the same thing (abigail.PNG and abigail.YAML) so they get re-packed at the same time into the same file. without that, packing will fail, or the file will be corrupt.