Nightly builds are live!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 16, 2014.

1. ToastMacbread

ToastMacbread Aquatic Astronaut

While it may be automated, it still seems like a token effort to abate the weekend's backlash. The semblance of making progress is far from actually making progress.

2. DraconX

DraconX Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't want to complain, because i am happy we finally get some update, but why its looks like code written in 4 hours ? Do we just get a small part of what was done ?

3. Gindew

Gindew Phantasmal Quasar

Seriosly, Update Comment Threads are like WW3, 4, 5, 6...

The | Suit likes this.
  4. DraconX

We live in happy times if people don't know how real war looks like

Jeoshua, Skarn, Kabu and 2 others like this.
  5. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

Way to completely complain anyway. Also, what the hell are you talking about?

6. DraconX

Did you try install and run nightly build ?

7. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

Yeah, no problems with it so far.

8. DraconX

So only in my opinion changes are to small for a few weeks of work ?

9. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

So let me see if I get this straight.

We have the base game, which was supposed to be the beta.
    But you're not updating that anymore, so forget that.

Then you added unstable, which was supposed to be the real beta instead. we got behind the scenes stuff mostly, directional attacks I believe and that was pretty much it.
    nothing more added, so forget that one too.

And now we have nightly. Now this is the real beta then? For realsies this time?

just rename this game betaception. it rhymes with both inception and deception.

10. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

Right, try pushing nightly to stable and see how well that goes. People think the bitching is bad now? It'd be about a hundred times worse if they just said "fuck it" and pushed everything straight to stable. People need to seriously learn how game development works because comments like these make you sound uninformed and naive.

11. Kyu Rizu

Kyu Rizu Void-Bound Voyager

FINALLY!
    Thank you devs. this is how beta stage one should be from the very beginning! Unstable fast updates that shows the actual development progress, now the community can help you to find bugs and give live feedback of what you are doing.
    And the other guys who only want to play can still use the stable build.

I hope this is a thruth ongoing thing now and not only a nother trick to keep us calm.

Oh and sry devs for my offence in some other threads like the on of the cute puppy, i was bored bacause i had nothing to do, but now i can enjoy the nightly builds and look in what direction the game i have supportet for so long is going =^.~=

12. Ceridran

Ceridran Big Damn Hero

I believe he's simply making fun of the betaception. It's not that hard to tell.

13. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

4 million dollars + steam dollars.

let me tell you how game development works. game developers make a game, release the game, get paid.

in this case, things got a bit mixed up. game developers start making a game, get paid, delay release of the game, start the development of a new game, draw publishing deals for other games, erm... I lost my train of thought.

all of these beta branches to me just sound like they are trying their hardest to *not* actually update the game.

in b4 drawings of a spaceship on napkins make it into nightly.

Nimeni likes this.
  14. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

No, he's quite serious. He thinks he can win in a court battle charging them with false advertisement.

15. Kyle873

Kyle873 Title Not Found

Welcome to early access and betas.

Also, trying their hardest to not update the game? You're a funny guy.

Kabu and Silican Beat like this.
  16. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

I never said that. But its not beyond you fanboys to put words in people's mouths if it suits you.

DraconX and SweFox like this.
  17. Gindew

Gindew Phantasmal Quasar

It was a joke...

DraconX likes this.
  18. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

now this is the kind of criticism and bad influence from the community what made one go boom!.. and you don't even seem to get that.

19. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

Yes! Because its my job to pat them on the shoulder and go 'there, there...' everytime someone is mean to them on the internet.

20. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

Just because you deny it doesn't mean that anyone who looks at your posting history won't see it.

Kabu and Kawa like this.