OOC Nex Prison

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by ZilverZap, Sep 15, 2013.

1. SilasLore

SilasLore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe I should get rid of the part where he sucks out peoples souls...

and not to sound rude but your basically a walking super computer with considerable learning ability and the other guy makes peoples hearts implode... Not even my specs have a defense against that...

If push comes to shove I've got a backup character. He's simpler and not quite as tough. He also doesn't control one of the fundamental laws of nature like my other guy. Which, yes, without crazy limits is insanely overpowered... what was i thinking?! I used too much science!

2. Can you use the edit button, please? I'm the only one allowed to post more than twice in a row.

3. 2ktaco

2ktaco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dude, is that a quadruple post? Just edit your first post next time.

Your app = tl:dr. So,props.

Also, I'll have my app in momentarily.

Draken09 likes this.
  4. SilasLore

Sorry, hows that?

5. [​IMG]
    Bottom right.

Also, is this all of your characters abilities?

See through walls
    anti-metal shield
    making metal even stronger than it already is
    vaporize everything
    destroy electronics
    ---
    invisible
    laser beams
    insta-flashbang
    creating shadows and controlling them?
    ---
    magnetokinesis
    climb magnetic surfaces
    melt metal
    hypermagnetize
    heal wounds/stop bleeding?
    temporary superhuman strength
    ---
    taser hands
    lightning bolts
    taser through the floor
    electric explosion
    absorb electricity

Limitations or not, thats a lot of damn powers. In real life, the balances would work because, well...rules of physics and how things work.

In an RP though, it's very hard to keep that much power under the control of the actual player.

6. SilasLore

Vaporize everything basically kills him to use. Lazer beams are crazy inefficient but possible. Abyss can only be done for 5 sec and there is no true "control". Melt metal through friction takes a while, a long while, and leaves him drained and vulnerable. He also need to eat a lot to maintain it. Can't heal wounds just delay them, if he gets stabbed in the kidney he can delay his death but its not likely he will live. The superhuman strength will basically cause micro fractures and torn muscles everywhere for using it. He can't adsorb electricity, just redirect it. now if he doesn't have somewhere to direct it... he's not going to have a good day. But other than that yeah...

Too much?

7. It's a lot to put on one character. It'd probably be more fun with less abilities.

8. Any power which relies on "a short time" or "a small amount" is dangerous as is. How much is too much? A number helps, because if it's just a general statement, whats to stop you from using a power (in a clearly overpowered way), and then saying it was within your character's bounds of a 'small amount'? See, qualitative limitations are hard to control, no matter how well meaning you start off.

Quantitative limits work far better.

9. SilasLore

Now truly measuring this would be pretty hard so I'm going to use one of the D&D strategys. The per encounter method. I'll give him a set amount of power he can safely use in a single fight or encounter based off the limits of his body. This limit will reset when all players agree that the instance is over and it is determined that he had an ample time to rest. You think that will work?

10. I have no idea, I'm not the GM lol

11. SilasLore

OK, new method. I'll remove some of the powers to reduce its complexity. Also to make it "more fun". I'll start by looking at the ones I really don't what to lose. Those are the one I'm betting are in need of revision.

Their, I've revised the original post, I however removed the limitation caused by the faulty experiment because it would be easier to implement whatever the GM comes up with for limiting powers. It would just over complicate things. I've kept his vision aspects unchanged because they are integral to his character.

12. 2ktaco

2ktaco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I've decided not to apply. Just letting you guys know, as a courtesy or whatever. Have fun.

13. dis guy

ZilverZap likes this.
  14. ZilverZap

ZilverZap Pangalactic Porcupine

I thinks your app is ok Silas but i agree with Alaizia,you have too many powers for my liking and it'll most likely destroy your body in the long term due to the extreme amount of blood needed for those abilities.Please redo your your app to fit in 1 Latou power.Until then you're not accepted.

15. ZilverZap

(yes i'm double posting on my own thread)that's ok,if you're not interested that's fine.

16. Lol I double post all the time. It's actually kind of ridiculous.

ZilverZap likes this.
  17. ZilverZap

please just have 1 type of Latou,you have too many abilities.

18. SilasLore

It stung a little but I think this will do. I've lost a great deal of abilitys. But your right it was too varied, they were all related in the same way all animals are related. My original draft has been updated again.

19. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Quick clarification, Draken causes heart attacks (or strokes, but I'm not 100% sure how they work compared to heart attacks), not implosions. And he can't just do it, he has to spend time concentrating to search for a plaque (miniscule fat globule) in the coronary arteries (just a few that are on the outside of the heart). This is made more difficult if someone has lived their life very healthily due to less of them existing in the body (though everybody has some somewhere). Also, an over weight person would be harder to manage period because of the thicker fat layer Draken has to see through (like the sun, it prevents people from seeing any planets in front of it without aid).

20. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

I just think your power was too general, thus leading to an overflow of possibilities (although I, it might be said, have the opposite problem).