1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New NPC Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kastor, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Kastor

Kastor Void-Bound Voyager

Heh, same here man. Unfortunately, looks like my start got the first entry in the merged version...

2. tavros

tavros Orbital Explorer

I think they are some kind of mutated apex. By going through colourfulvillager.npctype, I found a bit of dialogue that leads me to believe this:

"My fur, it's... colourful."
    "I remember... bananas."
    "I fell asleep at my desk and when I awoke, I'd written the word 'miniknog' over and over."
    "I feel like everything has changed overnight."

SirKaldar and Hawk Novablast like this.
  3. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Whoah, that sure is kinda cool and creepy at same time!
    Also, that just proves they're Omsk Birds for me.

[​IMG]

SirKaldar likes this.
  4. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

I KNEW IT

SirKaldar and Hawk Novablast like this.
  5. LordOfWhales

LordOfWhales Poptop Tamer

We should come up with a name to classify them as. I'd prefer "Lagomoids", Greek for hare-like.

6. LordOfWhales

LordOfWhales Poptop Tamer

If these are a playable race in the future, I'm led to believe that they are based off of African culture. I've done some research too, their clothing is similar to the clothing of early African and mid-eastern clothes. They have features similar to the African hare, being their long ears and small face. The buildings are made of bricks, which is what the Egyptians used to build. The reason that they might be similar or related to the Apex is that most apes are native to Africa. Their connection to the Avians could be due to African leaders of the Mayans and Aztecs. The connection with the rainbow desert could be obviously of Africa being mostly desert, and the rainbows could be because of the Rainbow Nation, a group signifying peace in South Africa. That's what I have to say about these guys. Feel free to reply on what you think I said was right or wrong. This is just my opinion, and no one really know's anything about these guys so I could possibly be wrong. Although, it would be pretty cool to see how they could make bead-clad or chain mail themed African armors without making it look like the Avian armors.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  7. anew742

anew742 Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone actually have any reliable information on what these are? I'm not wanting speculation, just what we know of these things so far.

8. Toonix

Toonix Orbital Explorer

Some NPC's found in rainbow biomes seem to be dressed in funny costumes, I don't think they are meant to be a race unto themselves.

9. Deimos56

Deimos56 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

At a guess, they probably use Apex language files because Apex is the first name, alphabetically, out of all the currently available races, and thus ends up being used by default.

10. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So, while exploring the galaxy, I found some of these strange rainbow people. They have apex dialog, but they live in glitch homes. The "village" isn't very structured, like an avian village might be. It appears to just be a mass of scattered houses. As far as I can tell, they have no guards or merchants, although they seem to like tilling land. The few splotches of dirt around the town are completely tilled. A rouge bird murdered 2 of them in front of my eyes, and they drop kiwis and bananas. I've found yellow, purple, and blue ones, though other colours may exist.

11. VinchenzoJackal

VinchenzoJackal Big Damn Hero

The Agarans are a race of mushroom people. They generally wear almost no clothes and have everything they build out of living plantlife and funguslife.
    ShueDonham did not post pictures of the Agarans... those are of a completely different and rarer being... how you find them is beyond me...
    Regardless Agarans bear a constant trait similar among them... they all have heads with either a mushroom cap or a fungus pod topping it as their hair.
    Also, it appears that there hair type clips with all helmets... which makes it impossible not to see the mushroom or pod sticking out.
    Lastly, there is a community thread made by the Devs and Mods for players to 'discover the purpose behind the mysterious Agaran population explosion and colonizations'.
    It is known the Agarans have been friendly, neutral, and hostile. Whether they as a whole are united or not is unknown. It is unknown what their alliances and enemies are.

12. Lecic

Agarans aren't rare. The things are spreading everywhere, like a...
    Anyway, I think we are all in agreement that these are not Agarans. So I'm not sure why you are posting about Agarans in a thread about the Rainbow people.

STCW262 and Hawk Novablast like this.
  13. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

They should be referred to as teletubbies way more than they are. I'm disappointed.

14. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Yes, I came upon one of the survivors, I believe. He was in a cage, trapped by some of the Heretics or Bandits or whatever the heck they are called. I killed them, easily, and went into the cage, wanting to talk to the poor beast.
    He had some growths on his face and body, and was naked. When he touched me, I got about 40% health damage with poison (I was Tier 2, not at Inactive Robot yet).
    This would kinda make sense with this, him being cast out just to get captured by these (Death to the) Heathens..

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  15. Dargona1018

If you didn't look at the first post and the picture, don't post here with irrelevant information, please. The screenshots are those of a colorful, robed, humanoid, bunny-hatted race in a Rainbow Desert.
    Someone else posted a picture of them. Even look on the Starbounder wiki, an official wiki: http://starbounder.org/Agaran

16. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I also agree that these must be the results of Apex experimentation.... We need to find and help them, they could be useful allies, and I'm sure they have a hatred for the Miniknog.

17. Lecic

Or they could be a new villager type that is bugged and says apex lines? Considering they say every apex line, including support for big ape and such, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the probably aren't anti-minikong apex experiments.

18. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I was saying that based off off what @tavros said about finding the dialogue in the files, which definitely suggests they were once Apex.

19. BFeely

BFeely Void-Bound Voyager

I just came across some at -17287088, -35320056 in Beta Sector. They are on the red moon of the third planet.

20. Dargona1018

Nah, I was talking about something the other guy said, not suggesting them to be Apex Experiments.