1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New NPC Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kastor, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Startopia

Startopia Void-Bound Voyager

Am I the only one that thinks they're just more articulate versions of the Teletubbies?

2. CalamityQuote

CalamityQuote Phantasmal Quasar

Silly ingrates. Of course your kind doesn't understand the kindness of the Hylotl ;). [/jk] Are they hateful towards the Glitch as well? I thought they only hated the Floran. I never understood the hatred towards Hylotl on this thread (unless its coming from Floran fans). Sure, they're a bit conceited, but they only want to help people be almost as perfect as them (I kid, I kid). Even if they are jerks, I won't judge them until we see some Hylotl NPCs. If they're jerks to everyone, then maybe they are condescending pricks.

On-topic: I can't wait until this race (and the mushroom folk) get more back story. I wish this game had more unplayable races and rare races. It makes the Starbound universe seem more small.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some new NPC races that are rare would be cool, like an almost extinct race that is very cute or resourcefull and sells things that aren't just food or default clothing and weapons.

CalamityQuote likes this.
  4. Paloc2

Paloc2 Void-Bound Voyager

I wonder if they will allow those npc to sell goods or drop their hat.

5. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

What's up starship explorers? I have exciting news; recently a friend of mine was exploring a level 1 alpha planet and came across something very strange. I asked him for the coordinates because I wanted to see it - I will specify what "it" is in just a moment - was for myself. When I got there, I ran into the same problems he did, heading to the RIGHT. The planet had 3 mini-bosses on it, one right after the other, as you head to the right. Once you get past them, the rest of the planet is easy. Anyway, there were a few Apex abandoned structures sitting around, including the ever popular thought reassignment facility. My friend didn't see them, so they might be randomized per player.

After you go far enough to the right, you should see some different looking trees compared to the rest of the planet, flowers, and harvest plants. Mine looked like this and the harvest plant was a Neonmelon.
    [​IMG]

You keep going and then you hit something strange. These guys
    [​IMG]

Weird, right? I have no idea what they are, but they have APEX text lines. Look
    [​IMG]

Even weirder, there's a bunch of Apex structures all over the planet, here's the thought reassignment center and another abandoned building, there's also a destroyed facility I didn't take a picture of
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Worse, if you go to the LEFT just a little bit, you run into this

[​IMG]

Here are the imgur galleries that have all of these pictures and a few extras
    http://imgur.com/a/Yjxlp
    http://imgur.com/a/Yjxlp

I don't know if me and my friend just found a super-secret planet or a terrible coincidence, but those bunny-eared things might be mutant Apex.

Go explore the planet for yourself and see what you think!

[​IMG]

All credit for this discovery goes to my friend The Skrilax/Aizen.

6. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

I expected mushroom people.

This is... interesting. I need to check these out.

7. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

Nope, no mushrooms. I knew they weren't a secret because there was a twitter screenshot of them.

8. hijinks

hijinks Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've seen these dudes before! (Not the weird almost Apex looking creeps but the teletubbies looking aliens) They don't speak to me though, even if I try to press 'e'.

9. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

They are called colorful villagers and are a work in progress. There was another thread about it recently.

10. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

I did a forum search and didn't see anything, oh well.

11. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

Breaking news: Telletubies have been discovered, hide you kids, hide yo wife. This is an emergency. Warning all those who aren't floran to hide yo kids, and yo wife.

Dargona1018 and Masich like this.
  12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Floran ssssstab teletubbiesss!

13. Rocket Black Man

Rocket Black Man Space Penguin Leader

For this you get my full support.

SirKaldar likes this.
  14. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

This has been a broadcast by USCM, this race is of unknown origin, further study needed. Caution: Floran have been sighted nearby, bystanders recommended to avoid at all costs.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/new-npc-race.67332/

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Merged two similar threads, both about the new NPC race.

Serenity likes this.
  17. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

DotBeta and Serenity like this.
  18. Dragoness

Dragoness Void-Bound Voyager

Or Watership Down. I saw that when I was younger and then was scared of rabbits for a little while. Haven't read the book though.

Jonesy likes this.
  19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

As you very well should be; rabbits can be quite vicious creatures IRL.

WowGain likes this.
  20. My brother got the tip of his index finger bitten off by a rabbit, he's terrified of them now and with good reason, those suckers are blood thirsty!

[​IMG]

SirKaldar, WowGain and Serenity like this.