1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New NPC Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kastor, Jan 28, 2014.

1. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now bunnies next patch "Pony race"

Hoploo likes this.
  2. Kastor

Kastor Void-Bound Voyager

Nah, the Hylotls are condescending pricks to everyone who isn't a fish. Apex? "Oh, you're so oppressed! You need our help!". Does nothing. Avian? "Oh, you're so misguided! You need our help!". Does nothing. Glitch or Floran? "Oh, how primitive! You need our help!" Does nothing.
    Every time.

3. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found a village of those things that spanned like half a planet, and the entire thing was in a rainbow biome. Pretty cool.

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  4. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well that's interesting haven't run into those guys before, I have found the Mushroom guys.

And Hylotl are a peaceful race. From what I see in the conversation between my character and other races, almost all of them have something to say about peace and spreading it.

CalamityQuote and Serenity like this.
  5. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

They are worse with the Floran because the Floran actually react to the insults. :p

Kastor likes this.
  6. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]
    This is it. Omsk Bird race! I swear!

7. Falling Tide

HAHAHA

that's funny, it could be.
    But then why talk like the Apex? or is it they don't have there own conversations yet.

8. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Template text, you know, they copied Apex NPCs and altered visuals. Oooor, they are Apex citizens in their code, just with different outfit.
    Also, here's another image of Winged Doom, more close to these guys:
    [​IMG]

Serenity likes this.
  9. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

It's only defined for Apex race. So "replace" should appear for Apex and Apex dialogue to any other races that talk to them.

Serenity likes this.
  10. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

That makes sense.
    I'm a Floran and they talk about me being leafy and how cool it must be to be green or something, something race-specific.
    Though, I don't see how they could be related to the Apex.

11. SynyB

SynyB Orbital Explorer

It looks cool whatever it is ! Keep on creating stuff for me to kill.

12. SanyaOtter

SanyaOtter Big Damn Hero

Bunnies.

Yup.

Note the ears under the hood and the eyes that match the bunny statues. :)

SirKaldar likes this.
  13. Falling Tide

Now that you say that Bunnies does look about right!

14. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

I personally don't believe they are bunnies, based on the architechure, the game files, and general appearances, but we will see. It would make sense for the devs to finally introduce bunnies.

15. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would be VERY disappointed if this turned out to be a bunny race. Seriously bunnies? This game is almost too cutesy as it is...

Lecic likes this.
  16. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

We already know bunnies exist as some important iconic figure to avians.

Markelius and SirKaldar like this.
  17. Kastor

Kastor Void-Bound Voyager

I don't personally agree that it's "too cutesy" myself, but eh.
    Also, who says bunnies have to be cute? Did you ever see Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

18. JaviWan

JaviWan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But the avian themselves say that the bunnies are a representation of dishonored avians, when i played with my apex and found the avian temple i also thought about a forgotten race, look agarians and frogs. But if you look at sarcophages and statues with an avian character, he tells you about its culture and that the bunny its just an icon of dishonor. For example, look what he said for a bunny sarcophagus:
    "A sarcophagus for criminals and heretics. The Avian inside will lose their wings in the afterlife."
    And the glitch confirms it's an avian:
    "Evaluate. Despite the design of the sarcophagus, there is an Avian inside. "

Markelius, Dargona1018 and krylo like this.
  19. Bloolink

Bloolink Industrial Terraformer

Is it just me that finds this race incredibly creepy? D:

Markelius and SirKaldar like this.
  20. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

As a Hylotl fanatic, I am insulted by your use of the word "fish". THEY'RE NOT FISH! They are amphibians!
    (also I do know my profile pic is an Avian)