1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hairstyle Suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by thefluvirus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Reysol

Reysol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel silly for asking but... hair similar to Kabuto's hair with a solid color headband? I'm hoping I can get a hairstyle like that with dark brown hair with a navy blue headband X3

JazzPigeon likes this.
  2. *cracks knuckles*
    [​IMG]

3. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

I'm very happy to have found this thread, because I just got done making these:
    [​IMG]
    Really, I'd just love to see some smaller fin styles for the hyotls and smaller foliage options for the florans. There's so much potential!

Awesome stuff in this thread already!

(Also please let hyotls have the option to have those pretty red eyes~)

Ickura, Shisain, JazzPigeon and 15 others like this.
  4. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Every race should have change-able eye colours.

5. imp

imp Void-Bound Voyager

i was disappointed that most hairstyles are exclusive to gender. some ladies have short hair, and some guys have long hair.

anyway, here are my ideas for longer floran hair. sorry, i suck at pixels so they're quick sketches (i even forgot to colour some things).

[​IMG]

JazzPigeon, NinjaLGuy, Klemar and 5 others like this.
  6. Timpie1230

Timpie1230 Subatomic Cosmonaut

some of the styles suggested here do look nice would be fun to have them in the game

7. Warlay

Warlay Space, The Final Frontier

How about some more front-focused fins on the Hylotls. They all seemed positioned on/near the back of the head, and that may just be the way it is drawn, but I don't like the look of it.

8. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

In my personal opinion needs less colors (light, medium color, clear outline, dark outline) and a bit more contrast to fit with the starbound tyle, but the character have a nice design :)

9. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

I'd love to see a few very long hairstyles, for Humans, Apex, Hylotl, and Floran.

For humans, maybe a very long ponytail, or one that goes straight down to the knees? Maybe they can have a flower in their hair too? :love: Like...that could be colored with undie color.
    For Apex...just moar long hairstyles.
    Hylotls could have some sort of long-"hair" equivalent. I don't know how you'd do it with fins.
    Florans, perhaps some long, vine-y hair. Or something with a few flowers, as well.

I'm totally not-biased for long hair or anything. Also my ideas are stupidly vague. ilu guys. Long hair.

JazzPigeon, wilk220, wubwoo and 4 others like this.
  10. Also: dreadlocks! (hor Human, maybe Apex)
    [​IMG]

11. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Poptop like hair.

Also not sure if possible or not but something I always wished for the creator was to be able to have hair streaks in at least some of the styles. But I can see how that would be a possible problem.

JazzPigeon likes this.
  12. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Sorry for the double post, usually try to avoid these, but imagine how awesome the Robots would be with the Time Lords head gear thingy.

[​IMG]

Draks likes this.
  13. Das

Das Master Chief

Hairstyles from anime
    ex:
    [​IMG]

espedair and Hasearo like this.
  14. jeo

jeo Aquatic Astronaut

I dont know if it has already been said but it would probably be more interesting if you actually have to find new hairstyles. I mean to make them available from barber shops on different planets.

15. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Astral Cartographer

I think there instead of being barber shops there needs to hats which could be collected as accessories because a game is never compleated without a good old fashioned top hat

jconeill13 likes this.
  16. LocoRojo

LocoRojo Orbital Explorer

is there a afro in the char creation ?

17. LocoRojo

LocoRojo Orbital Explorer

total biscuit would agree with you xD

18. afro.png Yizzle brothizzle :iswydt:
    (although it's pretty smizzle:lolwut:)

Braxtrose and Vaatyi like this.
  19. jeo

jeo Aquatic Astronaut

a game is never compleated without a good old fashioned top hat... and a decent haircut :proper:

JazzPigeon likes this.
  20. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Astral Cartographer

I would also suggest monocles because you are not a man with out one

jconeill13 likes this.