New cooking recipes/uses for foods

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chefpief, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

Evenin folks. I've been playing this game since it was released, and I love the ever living crap out of it. That said, there's one feature I feel needs to be touched on a good bit, and that's food and cooking.

Too many fruits and veges either have no cooking recipe or just one or two, giving a lot of the fruit trees little use outside of making wine or jelly (Which is completely useless once you get a few ancient seeds in the greenhouse), and a number of crops one use before never being grown again. I'd like to propose a number of new recipes using different fruits and underused veges, be they simply different cobblers (Peach, cherry), pies (Apple, blueberry, cherry, strawberry), or beverages (Orange juice, apple, cranberry), along with things like kale wraps, popcorn, potato pancakes, a vegetable soup consisting of corn, tomato, and potato. Pumpkin bread and roasted pumpkin seeds! Marnie asks for Amaranth for a treat for her cows, why can't we give it to ours for a small happiness bonus? Yam and Amaranth burritos would be a nice new recipe for it as well.

I won't say the same for fish, as there's already a number of fish recipes, though a few new specific fish recipes would be nice. Something like a stuffed flounder if flounder were ever added, breaded catfish with hushpuppies, perch fillets, would be fantastic to see. I'd say a surf and turf plate, but I don't know how that could be done with no turf.

Some new recipes using foraging would be nice. Ramen using wheat flour for the noodles, leeks or spring onion, and an egg (Optional). Salsa using tomato, corn, and cactus fruit. Coconut cake. Salmonberry gummies.

Along the same line, a new item that just makes vege/fruit juice, leaving the keg for alcohol only would be spectacular, giving the option between fruit juice (Which would sell at varying prices similar to alcohol) or just wine. That and a butter churn so we can make buttered toast.