1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mashallzcater, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Mashallzcater

Mashallzcater Orbital Explorer

Im just create my own server through a server host website. Now i want to create some command such as:
    /spawn
    /who
    and some others. Also i want to make ever member's ship became protected for whoever join the server. However, i don't know how to do any of those things. Anyone can help me out please?
    Thank you so much

2. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

oO
    Creating new commands? Should be "impossible" (as in: hardcoded")

Protected ships, as in, people cant change them, like it is for you in missions?
    Might be doable with local mods, but won't stay.

Ships and the player belonging to them are completely separate from the universe and your server.

3. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

Creating commands would require coding knowledge.
    And don't you think that a title in pure caps lock and four exclamation marks is a bit too much?

4. Mashallzcater

I visited most of server so they have this commnad /who to see who are online and /spawn to go to the place admin place it as spawn... so i think it would be cool if im able to make it on my small server too.

when im talking about ship protection... there was sb.Usiemon.info server. whenever new players or any players join the server, their ship will be automatically protected just like tileprotection but admin did not manually do anything to their ship, so how can it do it ?

1st of all, im serious need help because i can't find anything on Google about commands and even auto protection as i mention in my reply toward Charlatan.

2nd of all, dont you think picking on title is abit too much for person who need real help and there still no solution for that person ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2017
  5. Unikram

You're not the only person who needs help. Other people need help too. You're not a special little flower, you're just another person who needs help.
    And people who need help usually get solutions. But not always.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Or you search and search and only find people with the exact same problem, but with no solution... Story of every IT person's life...

He is right though, your title puts off a false sense of urgency. Your game isn't crashing, you aren't having any technical issues, so you don't "NEED HELP!!!!", you just... need help.

Anyhoo. Creating new commands, no, not possible. Period, the end. Those servers that have custom "commands" are not doing it through the game. Simple as that. In fact, that ship protection one should extremely shady and problematic.

If you want to know who is on your server... just look in the server log file. Filter for the connections and there you go. Most server management is done in the background of the server, not from within the game.

7. Unikram

Exactly my point!

8. Mashallzcater

Alright , thanks you for your help

9. Mashallzcater

alright, i accept my wrong in how i place my title, and also Thanks for ur point
    #Left hand shake. If u know wat i mean