Modding Help Need help with helmet/sheilds

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Horizons Reach, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Horizons Reach

Horizons Reach Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys, I need some help on figuring out how to make a custom helmet/sheild.
    Also, is it possible to make a crafting bench item that has a specific crafting list
    that can be defined by you?

Right now I have the basics down, and can mod swords, food, healing items, bows, and guns.
    I also know how to make a crafting table like item, but i still don't know how to specify a craft
    list. Help please?

2. Heliostorm

Heliostorm Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, you can make custom crafting tables.

Also if you can mod swords you should be able to mod helmets, there's nothing special about them. Just copy the items and change the stats.

3. Horizons Reach

I went and looked up guides and i figured it out on my own. Whats the point of calling this the modding help forum if no one bothers to help at all?

4. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

I forgot where we were all employed by chucklefish to handle modding problems within 24 hours of them being posted. Clearly the guides are available, use them next time instead of immediately asking for donations of other people's time. Especially if you're going to get pissy about it.

Quixotic likes this.
  5. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

It's really not our responsibility to take our time to give step-by-step help to answer a question answered in the *sticky*. We can only help you if you help yourself.

Dr. Toros likes this.
  6. Horizons Reach

The biggest problem with this is that the stickies don't cover everything, or when they do cover what i asked, they don't work.
    I needed to go and look for other guides on how to do this. In any case, i saw someone else post a question simmilar to this,
    but instead of the hostile responses, people actually helped him.

7. Dr. Toros

Part of the issue is you asked a lot of questions and didn't make it clear you tried to solve your own problem at all.

No one wants to hold your hand for the entire process. It's time-consuming and most people who can't google-fu their problem are simply incompetent.

If you had some similar code that wasn't working the way it should, and posted it, people would've been a lot more willing to help.

8. Horizons Reach

Can we just leave this? I've already sorted it out and i've got enough toxicity already.

9. Dr. Toros

Part of why you didn't get the response you were looking for is you didn't evoke the correct response.

But please, don't learn from this. Continue to make the same mistakes ad inifinitum.

Quixotic likes this.
  10. Horizons Reach

Yeah, real nice. Since when is being a dick something anyone appreciates.
    I'm still new to this whole thing and the last thing I needed was such hostility.
    Simply a "read the stickies" to prompt a response would have been nice, but
    instead i get this amount of un-needed hostility. Get back into whatever hole
    your egoistic ass came out off and stop it.

The problem has been resolved and you're just adding fuel to a fire i've long
    wanted to burn out. I would delete this thread to get rid of you lot, but then I can't.

So before this ends up in an all out flame war, i'd suggest you leave it as I have,
    without fighting, without insulting either you, or Quixotic, who happens to have no
    quads to actually speak to me instead of just liking posts that are being rude to me.

I have done nothing to prompt such behaviour, and this question as far as i can tell
    has been asked by a few others. I don't know why you chose to be an asshole to me,
    and not the others. But for the sake of common decency, just go away.

11. Dr. Toros

Except you did. You started off with a post with a diffuse problem that came off as wordy and needy.

Helping you step by step for something in a sticky seemed like an exausting process, so no one replied.

You then posted a passive-aggressive post complaining about the lack of help after several unnecessary bumps.

You were the one who came in with a bad approach, and then displayed a poor attitude. I simply met you halfway, and you're worried about a flame war? After this post I'm never going to think about you again.

But before that I'm willing to help you understand why you had a problem getting the help you needed.

12. Horizons Reach

Woah there cowboy. Settle yourself down. 2 Bumps were un-nessecary? Damn.
    As far as i doubt that you are smart enough to avoid a flame war, i must give you credit for
    following the generic, i'm too cool to care, and this is my last response approach. The only
    poor attitude here is from you, a person who didn't have enough common decency to at least
    tell me to read the sticky, or copy and paste it here, rather instead flailing your ego around
    like a mace. Thankfully, not everyone is like you, and a couple of people have actually decided to
    at least try to help me.

Also, I doubt you won't think about me again, as likely you will see that i have responded, then you'll
    be faced with the choice to start flailing again, or shut up and keep to your act and not respond.
    Lets see which of the two choices we get.

In the end, what you get is unneeded aggravation because you couldn't keep your snarky attitude to
    yourself and ended up show just how much of tit you are. Thanks for your time, but I don't recall
    asking for your imput.

Now if you would button up your trousers and get on with your life instead of adding fuel to this argument
    and giving it unneeded attention by bringing it up, I would at least have some semblance of respect
    left for you.