Modding Help Need help to make all clothes invisible for custom race

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by 123105, Apr 26, 2016.

1. 123105

123105 Void-Bound Voyager

Everything said in subject.
    I need help with that thing cus I dunno how to do it (no experience in starbound codding)
    I know that this thing can be very simple but, huh.
    Thanks.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

"emptychest" and "emptylegs" from the Empty set.

Shadow Wolf TJC likes this.
  3. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

An even simpler way is to add the "nude" status effect to the armor. This will cause ALL armor that is equipped (even ones without the status effect on them) to not show.
    This is the effect that is used for certain kinds of beds. Add the following to your armor's .json file:

Code:
    "statusEffects" : [ "nude"]

4. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

I wouldn't recommend it if the player only wanted to make sure that certain body parts were still clothed while others aren't (such as headwear or back items). Rather, I'd go with Mackinz's proposal, and look at the code for empty.chest and empty.legs (which is found within /items/armors/penguin/empty), and see what makes them work.

5. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

@Shadow Wolf TJC:

I mentioned that method because of the thread's title: "Need help to make all clothes invisible for custom race".

I was operating under the assumption that his custom race was a non-standard shape and thus all clothing would look terrible on it (like how all leg parts and most headgear look very bad on the Avali race).