1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel My Starbound Art Projects

Discussion in 'Art' started by donovan1345, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Goldpork

Goldpork Zero Gravity Genie

Holy s****. That is Amazing!

Catoosie likes this.
  2. donovan1345

donovan1345 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thank you very much, its makes me happy to make this art for everyone.

3. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

Do you make digital art, pixel art aside from this or have any account or w/e like for example deviantart/ newgrounds where you post art? if yes share so I can follow, I can really enjoy watching at well made pixel art

4. Goldiiloxxx

Goldiiloxxx Orbital Explorer

Donny, the most recent one is beyond amazing! I didn't even think something like that was possible! You are the best!

5. donovan1345

thanks, that might be my last huge art piece, it was sooooo hard to complete, because i kept getting off a couple blocks over and over. Sometimes i wanted to pull my hair out, lol. It isn't me that drives me to make the art, its you guys and girls that drive me. Thanks for giving me good vibes and great feelings. I try my absolute best to keep this up and bring you all more art. :) thanks again.

Bughunter likes this.
  6. Sorakuro

Sorakuro Void-Bound Voyager

I hope you continue making some great pixel art pieces. I really love what you've done. You're welcome for the support and thanks for sharing your creations ^^

donovan1345 likes this.
  7. epicness403

epicness403 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What blocks do you use

8. donovan1345

i used every block by now, but i think the treasure tile. most are different colored dirt. I try to get the block colors close to the pic i use.

9. donovan1345

hey everyone, its been quite a while since i posted art on here, but work and life got in the way. Maybe in time i'll make some more, after a LONG overdue update lol.

Goldiiloxxx and rhomboid like this.
  10. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

I vote yes pls

Do you use any mods to make the going easier?

11. donovan1345

yes, i use creative mod. to get the tiles and the floating helps.

rhomboid likes this.
  12. donovan1345

hello everyone, i started to work on another art project. I'm doing it in my spare time, with work and playing other games.

13. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

evry you've made was pretty cool i like them
    exept this one
    [​IMG]
    this picture was made by Anastasia Borzykh (an awesome digital artist)

the painting tool make only 8 colors, so it's impossible to copy it, just copy/lower res/past on photoshop or directly in starbound

what you've done is called plagiarism (and i don't like i, i REALLY don't like it)
    exept that ...that Plagia(grrrrrrr GRRRRRRR*shame shame*) your work are especially good,i must admit it

14. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

he included the artist's signature in the piece. it's officially not plagiarized.
    sort of a dick move to not link to original art, but it's at least credited.

15. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I think there was someone around these forums with that picture as her Avatar.

Amazing work, btw.

16. Jack_Kéther

you stole my wrath,that not fair !(even if it's not wrath, i'm just annoyed)
    you're too kind probably due to your job
    yes i start a conversation for making him gave his source too but it's hand make he just omitted to quote it i thnik =)

17. donovan1345

first of all, jack_kether, there are such things as tile mods, they have many colors to work with. and if you could accutally read, that last one was done in a 300 x 300 squares. every in game art i've done was from the net. plagiarizism isn't in effect here, i'm not selling or stealing anything here. I see a nice pic on the net and use it ingame.[DOUBLEPOST=1419275893][/DOUBLEPOST]ok, another thing, people claim that its not real, go back and click the pic, it gets bigger, i know its hard to see, had to zoom out to .6. you look close enough you will see the gold blocks, and in the foxes fur you should see the rebar. See look at the other pics. I don't just color the grass, I have the dye mod, and many many tile mods to give me many different colors to do. I hope the other people that saw all this in game, please tell them i've done it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  18. Jack_Kéther

no mention of a color dying mod in any of your post and rightly cuz i see your last work there is a problem, in the other work you take wood/dirt/metal and dying them (or not) with the dying tool (classic ver.) put light on it in your last picture 0 wood 0 dirt 0 metal 0 light. no zoom to certify

Effectivly if i'm wrong i will apologise and assume my act ofc, i'm not coward as that, but here you don't convince me.
    if you want to continue this conversation, we can do it in private or adding some guys who want to know in the conversation, i don't want to ruin your post and the effort you put in with your art.

what i really want to see in your previous post, it's SOURCE(of you copying/hugely inspiring), this is the only thing that matter for me now.

19. donovan1345

yea, a friend of mine sorakuro, showed me a invisible ship light, that shows the light, but doesn't show up, i did it in the earier orange haired fox girl

20. donovan1345

hey everyone, ever since the update come out, i been gathering mats to make more art. Will be starting something soon. If you want to see a pic you want me to build, post it here, and i try my best to make it in game.

rhomboid likes this.