1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

My interpretation of the Starbound gaming system

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Supernova

The Devs have said that the star map is non-graphical, the worlds are infinite, and coordinates will always generate the same planet. So, I believe that the starbound system are very similar to that of Terraria:

Your spaceship is the menu, where you can use your character to choose a world to go to.

The non-graphical star map are world generation/world loading screen, where you can "discover" worlds by typing in coordinates, or generate a random one from scratch.

The coordinates are like seeds; when typed into the star map, it'll "generate" a world map that the seeds represents.

So this is my 2 cents on the issue. What do you think of it?

2. I_Play_Terraria

I_Play_Terraria Space Spelunker

I think Starbound is a remake of Terraria that is set in the future with new (crappier) Graphics.

I like how it is nes style graphics but they are too choppy in my opinion and the charectors are so ugly for despite having more pixels then the ones in terraria. I like nes style graphics but I prefer smoothe textures like the ones in terraria.

3. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

for me it's just a sci-fi terraria with some new gameplay thingies :D, i hope i'll start out a bit good so i wont have to google every last thing i see.

4. Spike

Spike Supernova

But googling with google is fun~

(I can't believe my google chrome labeled the word google as a typo.)

5. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

1: nope
    2: for real? LOL

6. Mittgfu

Mittgfu Phantasmal Quasar

I prefer this like in Terraria, I preferr that like in Terraria. Cut it of! We know what you think. (Oh, and the graphics are cool, at least they seem cool to me)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.