1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Museum Bug - Can't Place Items, Can't Do Anything

Discussion in 'Support' started by _PandorasBox_, Dec 9, 2016.

1. _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

So, many people post about things like Gunther not giving a reward after certain items..
    This is different. I can't place down items on the last row near the bottom of the screen. I've tried doing what some people said worked, which was place the item back down into your inventory after you moved so the row was visible, then pick it back up and place it, but that doesn't work. The only thing that happens is that the inventory moves back down, so I can't reach it when I pick the item up.
    And something that just happened to me - I got a ton of geodes ( Over like.. 40, because I had 31 frozen, like 13 omni, 4 normal, and a few magma ) and got a few new items to give to Gunther. I've filled up everything except the bottom row near the bottom edge of the screen, and the platform directly to the right near the bottom. I was trying to put the items on the last row ( If it happens to me again, you'll see why in a moment, I'll post a screenshot of which sections I mean ) and it wasn't working, even though I was trying to do the place item down, move inventory, pick item back up, etc. And accidentally, I picked up a frozen tear that I had given to Gunther already. And it wouldn't let me place the item back down. Not in my inventory ( Even though I had about.. two spaces free ) , not back where I had picked it up from, not on the empty platform, not on the bottom row.. I couldn't close it, I couldn't do anything except close my game..
    Thank the gods that I had just woken up and had only grabbed the eggs from my Chickens and Ducks, before grabbing my geodes and riding to the blacksmith..

I'll start my game back up, grab my geodes again, and go straight to Gunther to screenshot the areas. If it happens again, I'll show my screen where I'm unable to place anything down, though I'm going to be more careful.
    ---

Edit - The two sections, the one where the platform is almost completely fully is the trouble area. The little three space platform where my time things are are full.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    • littlecats

littlecats Void-Bound Voyager

I had that happen to me too. To keep from picking up another item when you click the okay button, scroll your screen to the left or right and make sure the okay button is not over a already placed item.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Have the same problem as well. I have the last three things I need to complete the collection, but I can't place them.

• _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

On an added note, I started a new save to mess around with Hill Top farm, and got the Chicken statue on my 3rd day, and it isn't giving me my statue reward thingy

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Just tried using the Museum Rearranger Mod as a workaround. Let me move items so I could place another two, but the final spot remains out of reach.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It worked out, finally, just required a lot of patience and fiddling. Still, the museum could see some more work in the future.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
            • Zeirlynn

Zeirlynn Tentacle Wrangler

It seems you saw my previous post, but i'll quote myself here for others to reference:

I have four saves as of now. My first save has completed the entire museum collection. The other three have not completed it.
              Museum1.png

Museum2.png Museum3.png Museum4.png

Here is my newest save, adding a mineral to the collection, on the bottom row. Notice the inventory window is moved to the left of the open slots, as described above.
              Museum4b.png Museum4c.png Museum4d.png
              I've never used any mods, in any games, in the 20 years i've been playing PC games. So, no mods. Windows 7, Dell notebook, not even a gaming computer, just my former work computer being used for a few games.