Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Would you be able to attach your save file to an email and send it to tom@chucklefish.org? Thanks!

This sounds like what happens when you try to plant seeds in the wrong season. IIRC, you're supposed to plant Starfruit seeds in the summer. Is that what's happening here?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Close the game out, let it update, and then try upgrading a tool. It's likely not loading the update patch if you don't close the game. I tested out your save file; adding in some gold bars & money so I could try upgrading your tools again. It works fine on my end; Clint takes a tool, but no longer duplicates it in v1.2.13

Also, the patch will only fix Clint duplicating your tools. It won't delete your extra one.

• Nolorubio23

Nolorubio23 Space Hobo

Crash/Bug Report
        Language: Spanish
        Operating System: Windows 10
        Build Version: Latest

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
        At first I could play perfectly, but when I save the game and try to load it again, the game crashes just after the LOADING message.

What were you doing in the game at the time?
        Nothing. It was when I opened the game later, when that error came out.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?
        Yes, the same thing always happens if I try to load the game. But if I remove the beta version I can load the game but with a problem. If I look at the missions I get translated into Spanish and if I click on them the game closes.

Attached Files:

• tccoxon

@mafi_93 is correct here. I reproduced it yesterday - there's a tool duplication bug if you use a gamepad while upgrading your tools. We're working on a fix.

Save files from v1.2 (the beta) are not going to work in v1.1. Could you send your save file to tom@chucklefish.org, along with an error log from the crash that happens when you're using the beta?

MysticTempest likes this.
          • Nolorubio23

Nolorubio23 Space Hobo

I Upgrade to the Beta version and the game worked perfectly, once you save the game and when you enter later and try to load it, the game was closed. Seeing that I could not play, I returned to the previous version and try to load game, being able to load successfully and continue my game right where I left it. Even so in this version the quests were still coming out translated into Spanish and when I click on them the game closes.

Therefore, I can not load game in the Beta version. But in Version 1.1 I can not continue with my quests because they are translated and if I click them the game closes.

Also, when the game crashes in beta, I do not get any error log.
            I'm going to send you my save file.

And SORRY for the google translate xDDD My English is really bad.

EDIT: Solved, thank you very much for the help.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
            • tccoxon

v1.2.14 changes
              • More translation fixes. Please let us know if there are any major translation issues, as we think we're getting close now!
              • Fixed duplicate tool issue when using a gamepad to buy a tool upgrade from Clint
              • Fixed invisible mouse cursor during some dialogs
              • Fixed missing poisonous food tooltips
              For reference, here are the changes in the previous builds:

victorGP09 likes this.
              • SergeMorgue

SergeMorgue Tentacle Wrangler

Translation Feedback
                Language:
                Brazilian Portuguese
                Operating System: Windows 10
                Build Version: v1.2.1

I will report AGAIN some simple and important fixes to improve the overall context of the new language in the game.

Where: Intro/Grandpa's Letter
                What's wrong: The lines "farto vida moderna" and "Muito tempo atrás"
                The fix: "farto da vida moderna" and " muito tempo atrás"
                Why should be fixed: There is missing text in both lines. Incomplete sentence.

Where: General UI

What's wrong: The "ouros" translation for G (Gold)
                The fix: moedas (Example: 500 moedas)
                Why should be fixed: The word "ouros" doesn't combine well after numerals in our language. Sounds awkward.

Where: Pelicans Town/The Saloon

What's wrong: The Saloon's sign is "Saloon Fruta Estrelar"
                The fix: Taberna Carambola
                Why should be fixed: It's not fully translated in the sign. Some Gus' lines have the translation and others don't.

Where: Fishing Action

What's wrong: When something get caught, the "Hit!" was translated to "Acertou!"
                The fix: Should be Fisgue! or Puxe!
                Why should be fixed: "Acertou" is completely senseless in this context. This one is a very important fix.

Where: Pierre's General Store

What's wrong: The product "Muda de damasco"
                The fix: Muda de damasqueiro
                Why should be fixed: Wrong translation for Apricot Tree Sapling

Where: Wood Fence Description

What's wrong: The line "Contém grama e animais"
                The fix: Retém grama e animais
                Why should be fixed: The translated sentence means "THERE IS grass and animals" wich is incorrect.

Where: End Day Overview/Leveling Up

What's wrong: The translation "Aumentado de nível" when the character Levels up.
                The fix: Shoud be Subiu de nível or Upou (wich is a funny term we gamers use for Leveling Up here in Brazil)
                Why should be fixed: Because "Aumentado de nível" looks like a google translation. It's grammatically out of context.

Where: Pierre's General Store/Caroline's Line

What's wrong: The line "Não olhe para mim, estou vermelho e suado"
                The fix: "Não olhe para mim, estou vermelha e suada"
                Why should be fixed: Adjectives are not in female gender

proveisso likes this.
                • fengfeng1992

fengfeng1992 Void-Bound Voyager

翻车鱼===》太阳鱼
                  QQ截图20170307215812.png
                  翻车鱼
                  [​IMG]

太阳鱼
                  [​IMG]

asen1987 likes this.
                  • victorGP09

victorGP09 Yeah, You!

Hi, I have a question about the games, if I make a game for the beta can I continue that game when the game is updated to version 1.2?

sorry for my bad english and thaks for the game.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Crash/Bug Report
                      Language: English
                      Operating System:
                      Linux
                      Build Version: v1.2.14
                      Using Gamepad: Yes

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
                      The recent change of making the cursor visible in menus while using a controller is causing an issue with legibility. When you watch TV, the hand cursor shows up in the menu. However, after making your channel choice; the cursor remains locked in its previous menu position, occasionally obscuring the displayed text.

Attempting to view the in-game weather report.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?

Yes, but only happens with a controller. With a KB + M; the mouse doesn't have its cursor locked.

• masterpecos

masterpecos Big Damn Hero

german
                        bug

Journey of the Prairie King Occasionally freezes the game

• untergeher

untergeher Void-Bound Voyager

Translation Feedback
                          Language: German
                          Operating System: Mac OS X 10.12.3
                          Build Version: 1.2.14

Which part of the translation do you think is wrong, and why?

just some minor mistakes...

sebastian.de-DE.yaml
                          summer_27: "Morgen sammeln wir uns alle am Steg, um die Reise der Mondlichtquallen zu beobachten. […]

mail.de-DE.yaml

summer_10: "Hallo @,^morgen sammeln wir uns alle für das jährliche Luau am Strand. […]
                          summer_28: „[…]Wir sammeln uns alle am Strand, um ihnen zuzusehen.[…]
                          winter_7: "Hallo @,^morgen sammeln wir uns alle vor Marnies Haus für das Fest des Eises.[…]

UI.de-DE.yaml

LevelUp_ProfessionDescription_Artisan: "Handwerkerwaren (Wein, Käse, Öl etc.) sind 40% mehr wert." #!String

How do you think it should be fixed, and why?

"sammeln" means "to forage/collect", "treffen" means "to meet/gather". alternative you could use the word "versammeln"

sebastian.de-DE.yaml
                          summer_27: "Morgen treffen wir uns alle am Steg, um die Reise der Mondlichtquallen zu beobachten. […]

mail.de-DE.yaml

summer_10: "Hallo @,^morgen treffen wir uns alle für das jährliche Luau am Strand. […]
                          summer_28: „[…]Wir treffen uns alle am Strand, um ihnen zuzusehen.[…]
                          winter_7: "Hallo @,^morgen treffen wir uns alle vor Marnies Haus für das Fest des Eises.[…]

I think this should be like this:

UI.de-DE.yaml
                          LevelUp_ProfessionDescription_Artisan: "Handwerkswaren (Wein, Käse, Öl etc.) sind 40% mehr wert." #!String

• ChemMixer

ChemMixer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bug Report (Urgent)
                            Language:
                            English
                            Operating System:Windows 10
                            Using Gamepad: No

[​IMG]

1. I was recording Lewis timetable when I found a weird bug. 100% reproducible in V1.11 and this latest V1.2.14 build. Tested with a new save file.

Every 6th and 20th, All Seasons
                            08: 30AM - 10:00AM > In Mayor's Manor
                            10:00AM - 10:50AM > Walking to Blacksmith Shop
                            10:50AM - 01:00PM > Blacksmith Shop
                            01:00PM - 01:20PM > Walking to Archaeology Office
                            01:20PM - 04:00PM > Archaeology Office
                            04:00PM - ??? > Walking Home (At 5PM he went straight out of the map)
                            09:00PM
                            10:00PM

2. This also applies to Every 15th, All Seasons
                            Every 15th, All Seasons
                            08: 30AM - 10:00AM > In Mayor's Manor
                            10:00AM - 11:50AM > Walking to Carpenter's Shop
                            11:50AM - 04:00PM > Carpenter's Shop
                            04:00PM - > Walking Home (At 5PM he went straight out of the map)
                            09:00PM

3. In Community Center schedule, Lewis stays inside the Center until 2AM. Is it another glitch?
                            spring: "800 ManorHouse 8 5 0/900 Town 62 88 0/940 Town 65 86 3 lewis_garden/1040 CommunityCenter 55 6 0/1400 CommunityCenter 47 5 0/1440 CommunityCenter 51 4 2/1600 CommunityCenter 47 13 0/1700 CommunityCenter 33 9 0/1830 ManorHouse 3 6 0/2300 ManorHouse 22 4 1" #!String

Every day except Tuesday and Friday, All Seasons (Community Center)
                            08: 30AM - 09:00AM > In Mayor's Manor
                            09:00AM - 09:10AM > Walking Outdoors
                            09:10AM - 10:40AM > Doing Gardening outside his Home
                            10:40PM - 12:10PM > Walking to Community Center
                            12:10PM - ??? PM > Community Center (Currently, Lewis stays there till 2AM)
                            05:00PM > Walking Home
                            06: 30PM
                            11:00PM

4. In Every Sunday, Winter, in xnb file it written Library instead of ArchaeologyHouse at 1100, Lewis does not move to Archaeology House as stated in codings.
                            winter_Sun: "800 ManorHouse 8 5 0/900 ManorHouse 7 5 0 square_5_1_0/1100 Library 22 9 3/1600 ManorHouse 7 5 0 square_5_1_0/2000 ManorHouse 3 6 0/2200 ManorHouse 22 4 1" #!String

Every Sunday, Winter
                            08: 30AM - 11:00AM > In Mayor's Manor
                            11:00AM - ??? AM> Walking to Archaeology Office (Curently, Lewis stays in House until 2AM)
                            04:00PM

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
                            • victorGP09

victorGP09 Yeah, You!

Crash/Bug Report
                              Language: Spanish
                              Operating System: windows 10

Using Gamepad: no

The screen was black when selecting full screen in the options menu.

Was changing the view of the screen

Yes,I did it twice and in the second it took me to the windows desktop.

• mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Visual Bug Report
                                Language: Spanish and all
                                Operating System: windows 10
                                Build Version:
                                v1.2.14
                                Using Gamepad: no

When you delete all your games, there is a ghost button.
                                [​IMG]

And the fullscreen bug still here.
                                [​IMG]

And just a comment: We have so many people in the spanish forum who HATE the new font. Can we do something with this? Can't recover the old SmallFont?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
                                • mateus517

mateus517 Void-Bound Voyager

Language:portuguese
                                  Operating System:Windows 10 pro
                                  Build Version:1.2.14

When entering the initial barn the game closes alone either with gamepad or keyboard.Thanks for this great game

• proveisso

proveisso Void-Bound Voyager

I have, actually... not only one gamepad, but two - a X360 and a Steam Controller. And I prefer to play with keyboard and mouse, rather than with a gamepad that has right stick/area mapped to mouse.

just got on the game and OHHHHHH IT'S FIXED <3 thanks! Awesome!

• proveisso

I'd like to build up on some of those translation options...

It's not that "ouros" is wrong, or that "it sounds awkward", it just doesn't make any sense. Never, in Brazilian portuguese history, have we referenced to gold coins as "gold", but I think the same is true for English... It does sound strange, but since the game also doesn't call the original money "coin" or "gold coins", "ouros" isn't a bad choice - just a strange one, just the same as "gold" actually does for the original.

"Fisgue!" ou "Puxe!" sound about as wrong as "Acertou!" - which is also the pure translation, but not a good adaptation. A good adaptation would be "Mordeu!", because the fish just took the bait, but you still hasn't landed the catch.

"Damasqueiro" would be awesome - but you could also go for "Muda de alperce" =p

"Contém" for "Retém" is perfect! Nice hit!

As is "Subiu de nível" or "ganhou um nível" (and don't say it's a google translation, even they've got it right =p https://translate.google.com/#en/pt/upped a level )

I should take a better look about the female gender on adjectives and other stuff - there seems to be a LOT of errors for this spread all around the game

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Crash/Bug Report
                                        Language: not sure is related but chinese
                                        Operating System: win10
                                        Build Version: 1.2.14 (newest)

When open the shipping case right to the player's house, the cursor appears in the left of the display rather than stay at where it was when open the case. This is different from 1.2.0. May be a bug.

Translation Feedback
                                        Language: chinese
                                        Operating System:
                                        win10
                                        Build Version: same

sunfish should be translated into "太阳鱼" rather than "翻车鱼"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
                                        • proveisso

On Winter 22, does the Living off the Land really calls the 3 little worms "three little stems" in the original? You know, the ones you dig the ground to find stuff. Because the text says "Você já viu três pequenos caules marrons brotando do chão?" - because even Google is getting the hang of it and translates this to "Have you seen three small brown stems sprouting from the ground?" and I could SWEAR they were worms...

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.