Modding Help Multi-friendly armors/weapons/player skins

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by nekosecret, Oct 6, 2015.

1. nekosecret

nekosecret Void-Bound Voyager

'cause can't find any tutorials about this issue. Is this only hard for me?
    New to modding or editing script. Please help! I don't get it about 'using custom sign image'.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Any modifications to vanilla png files are compatible with multiplayer - they just are not visible to anyone aside from you. In other words, Avian Tail Feathers is multiplayer compatible, but people without the mod will see Avians as they are normally.

3. nekosecret

I mean, visible to everyone in vanilla server, including who doesn't use any mods. didn't ask about compatible or not. (sorry if I confuse you.) I heard it's possible by using custom sign file,

Additionally, I saw who edited player skin themselves, even animated and it's visable to anyone in server.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I believe they removed that ability.

5. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

Most things still work. There's a few drawable tricks (That I'm not going to go into here.).

6. nekosecret

so you won't tell that 'tricks', because you think that's wrong?

7. lazarus78

Its been subject to a bit of controversy. Its potential for abuse has been a hot topic in various forms.

8. nekosecret

I just heard some 'awesome server thing' and envied. Sorry.
    should I delete the tread?

9. lazarus78

Id love to see you try and delete it, considering normal users don't have that ability. But no, just leave it be.

I'm not exactly sure what the general stance is on the topic, only that whenever its brought up, it ends quickly. I myself don't even know how the whole drawables thing works, then again, I really don't care either. I make mods if I want something. Ill reskin something if I want it "multiplayer friendly", but if others don't see it, then whatever. Who cares.

10. nekosecret

I want to write detailed answer, sadly I'm korean, and my english is not that good. I'm not going to use illegit way, I don't want it since at the beginning. I thought anyone using that method...also simply this forum doesn't have any tutorial now. misunderstood.

11. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

It's more of a taboo topic, if anything.