More work on Combat

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 2, 2014.

1. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Improved combat?

I am eager to take a stab at it ;)

Lost in Nowhere likes this.
  2. xnez

xnez Subatomic Cosmonaut

Once? Owch, thats pretty harsh dude, x)

3. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

Looking forward to this for sure.

4. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

Keep it up!

5. Haloguy

Haloguy Subatomic Cosmonaut

This update makes me excited cant wait for it, going to play the heck out of it once its out.

6. Maluzis

Maluzis Void-Bound Voyager

Please make a possibility to change direction in using shield, such as used in gun. The shield is being used in the way you're looking at. So if you look up you could defense attacks from above, and looking down from bottom.

(sorry for english)

[pixelmonster] likes this.
  7. Jaden850

Jaden850 Big Damn Hero

Now children, don't grab the sharp portion of the blade!

Had to say that, Furthermore, i cannot wait to thoroughly examine every little creature i find and map out what attacks are paired to each part.

8. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

I have very high hopes for this game. This game is in beta but to me its like a fully released game, this game is like no other and i'll love to see how good it is once it's out of beta. It's going to be so cool! Also a tiny sudgestion:
    Have you seen the new race drale post? Its really good and I think it should be in Starbound. Keep up the great work!

-Datoneperson

yclatious likes this.
  9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

yes pls, gib dark souls like combat pls k?
    k thx :DD

yclatious likes this.
  10. squirrel_killer-

squirrel_killer- Sandwich Man

I feel like if you keep teasing us with all this work an army of crazed fans might over run the office and hold you hostage until we get these updates to play with...

11. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Will we ever see a developer stream again? Watching you guys goof around with funky, broken coding and game mechanics was one of the best things before everything slowed down.

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Omni streamed some hours ago. There was also a brief dev stream 5-6 days ago where they showed off some of the new AI and all of the ship expansions

13. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Cant wait for the new combat and progression update, s'gonna be epic! :D

But not harder? o_O

While if they have the RunUnderLedge or CeilingSkullBash attacks associated with the monster body parts then yes they will... otherwise no. No they won't. :wut:

I believe you already can craft the basic wooden shield... I think. I don't see why they wouldn't add this though, seems kind of obvious, what with all the new combat tweaks.

We ought to make a thread for that...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  14. squirrel_killer-

squirrel_killer- Sandwich Man

I feel a Google Docs spreadsheet may soon be in order. That and we likely will just need to pop into some files to find what parts call what attacks.

15. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

I hope someday you work on Oxygen and Temperature like this, as well. IT'd be nice to be able to make a room on an asteroid field that had oxygen where the outside doesn't.

16. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

Dont upload a video... upload updates...the videos are when nobody got the beta and is waiting to the release,or when you release the update make a video like other early access companys.

17. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

I will send a message to the developers right now to magically finish the update and put it out for you Hanfree.

18. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Nice work, keep it up, also what is this new "combat system"
    can't wait for more.

19. Hanfree

Hanfree Big Damn Hero

Greetings from me and keep working so hard
    For the next project to make them, I'll have my magic money also prepared.
    I did not know they made the moderators troll now too, or not understood that what I write or do not want to understand.
    I'm not saying they get it now, I say (read the last part) when they made the update or part of its content can do if they want a video.

20. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

By video, you mean update, no?

;)