1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated More weapon types mod 2.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Lightsabers, Harpoon guns, Clubs, Pitchforks and more!

1. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

2. Nyutan

Nyutan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I personally would like to see more random variations for existing weapons as well. :D Nice start friend.

3. apinanaivot

apinanaivot updated More weapon types mod with a new update entry:

Pitchforks!

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1417358236][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can suggest more weapon types if you want. I will most likely add them if they are not horrible ideas

4. Nyutan

Nyutan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Random magic staves,
    two handed gunblades (left click for stabby, right click for shooty?),
    A rare item called a Cat-apult that fires cats at your enemies?;
    Boxing gloves? haha...
    Oh Harpoon guns!

5. apinanaivot

These are very great ideas but when I tried to make harpoon gun, I did not get it working for some reason. Gunblades are probably impossible to make without coding and I cant code, same thing with boxing gloves. I can make melee weapons though.[DOUBLEPOST=1417362015][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Also if here is anyone who can help me debugging the harpoon gun here is the non working version https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwiCSjcuG4RidWo4MC1pR2NJR00/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Armed Mosquito

Armed Mosquito Existential Complex

Hello apinanaivot,

To make your mod work with others by learning the new RFC JSON Patching it works like merge. I see you just overwrite the biome treasure file this will cause some issues if another mod is editing that same file. So instead you must use a patch file you can take a look in tutorials section if you need a guide for it xxswate made a great one. But the mod works as intended its great, if you need more tools! Good luck!

p.s
    goes for other files to even weapon files such as the hoe. To be sure your just modifying it you must patch otherwise your mod could overload on top others making compatibility issues.

7. apinanaivot

1.3 - Wood planks

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1417366262][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Could you give me the URL for that guide?

8. apinanaivot

9. Armed Mosquito

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  10. apinanaivot

It is very hard/impossible to edit biome based treasurepools because if you want to add a treasurechest to a biome you have to edit the files of the biome that you want to add treasurchests to, and that makes compability issues with all the mods that edit biome files. Though if you know how do this, feel free to do it and send me a download link to it, I will give you credit for helping with this mod.

11. apinanaivot

1.5 - Lightsabers, Harpoon guns

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1417452836][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Now it has harpoon guns!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  12. Armed Mosquito

Yes its possible,
    It can be done via patching but I am sort of confused what the issue is your actually having when patching it, just add things to the end of list using "-". A thing I had to do with Profession Bound was setup my distribution files accordingly you might want to look at those not just the biome file but how the biome file really works. But yes it is possible and later on when nightly is 1.0 if your mods are not compatible your going to be dealing with a lot of issues and reports of issues so its pretty important or it can hurt the amount of people who use this whether or not they want to.

If you need more help message me via steam, armedmosquito

Best Regards,
    - Armed Mosquito aka IsaacK

Good luck!

13. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

I just came looking through the mod list and found this,not exactly what im looking for YET but if you're taking suggestions i have one weapon type you can add(Decently custom weapon type)
    Tiered Scythes
    Racial variants including generic Scythes for human (Optional)
    2-H
    iron to impervium
    360 Degree swing of varying distance and damage depending on the tier

I think this would be amazing
    And if weapon dyes are added later,the ability to dye them (Optional)
    Hope you like this suggestion.
    Hopefully this mod makes it to the next stable update atleast,it seems useful and interesting...

14. apinanaivot

I cant get it working. I don't know what should be the file name and the file type for the patch. I don't know what I should write in the file.[DOUBLEPOST=1417534043][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Seems like my mod is not working anymore at all, also i sent you a friend request in steam[DOUBLEPOST=1417534755][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Seems like starbound is not working. i reinstall it and see if it works

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  15. Armed Mosquito

Alrighty, so after discussing and checking some things out with you we determined together I will go ahead create the same exact version of your mod but optimized and more compatible. So I am all finished now and this is a brief run down of my changes..
    • I could not find any differences, but I did see you left out some new changes in common.treasurepools so after seeing you didn't have any other differences I decided to remove that file as its not doing anything other then preventing future updates to that file. Due the way it loads up your mod would overwrite the games, this is also why I took the next steps to patch some stuff.
    • I created one master .treasurepool file for you to work from you can do what you want in their. And from there you can link a "pool" instead of an "item" to whatever treasure pool you wish to call loot from making that one file your domain of treasure.
    • I didn't want to make any changes but I did patch the "monster.treasurepool" file you added the random harpoon to small and large fish within their. That's fine I just patched it so your not overwriting it anymore. However it is replacing the treasure pool for small and large fish so this means if they add loot to those tables you must correct the patch file. Be sure to use http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/diffs/ to find the new daily nightly changes. Keep in mind its using "op" replace if you can figure out how to use add in this sense you would be better off but I haven't mest with it enough.

NOTE: Fish loot doesn't change to much but with the new work coming to oceans I'm almost betting on it changing so be ready.

• I renamed the .modinfo file in your mod to "pak.modinfo". I also renamed the main folder your files sit in, its not a good practice to add spaces it can be a headache for you and others later for pathing reasons. So now the main folder is renamed to "MoreWeaponTypes".
    • After I renamed all these things I packed you mod into a .modpak so it would get a bit of a performance increase as well. This is because the Starbound game engine is ment to read these faster its just designed to read its data faster like this. Like ziping something it gets compressed. So does the mod, and everything stays intact.

• I had to add "biomes/surface/garden/garden.biome.patch" this allowed me to tell the game what treasure chest pool we should spawn on that biome. I did the same for the forest in the same fashion.
    • Last file was needed was the .treasurechest.patch file to add in your chest, and chest treasure pools.
    If its a little confusing feel free to ask me about anything to help you understand what went through my mind. What this should do for you now is make less work for example if you want you can start linking "pools" and not items and add it all to that one file with no worries that things will change as it is totally your own file. It's also patched up now so if they update the game files you wont have to be on top of it, that is except for "monster.treasurepools.patch" you will have to make sure the fish loot tables don't change if they do just check it out from time to time.

I left some snowballs in the treasure files just was testing forgot to remove. Since we have each other on steam now feel free to message me.

Best Regards,
    Armed Mosquito

Attached Files:

16. apinanaivot

17. apinanaivot

18. MasaoAniko

MasaoAniko Aquatic Astronaut

You should make Scythes. My favorite kind of weapon xD
    Other then that, great mod man! :D

19. Dathiris

Dathiris Big Damn Hero

Is it just me, or dose this mod need to add a ham-bat?

20. gray_edge

gray_edge Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hay this mod conflicts with something on my list

gardenbot
    pgs
    RedoubtComplex
    More Crafting tables & shops
    Better Mining
    Easy Ingots
    GunCrafting
    avali_CatalinaINDv0.6.1
    racialcrossover