1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Monster Girl Universe 0.3.0 [Glad Giraffe]

A race mod for various monster girls. Be wary of NSFW content.

1. Kehvarl

Kehvarl Void-Bound Voyager

I appreciate all the work you've put into this, and I am enjoying playing the Incubus. Since I had encountered that issue and found a fix for it I just wanted to post it here in case it was helpful. I look forward to seeing what you add in next!

2. Kehvarl

I've run across a few other issues, I think related to the Glad Giraffe update; some I have fixes for and some not. Here's the complete bug list I have so far:
    • Armors
      • Iron armor was requiring Copper armor which is no longer present
      • All armors were using "klind" under statusEffects. That needs to be changed to "stat"
      • All armors need an "ItemTags" entry after "statusEffects" containing the armor tier's name
        • eg: "itemTags" : [ "steelarmor" ],
      • (Not a bug) No tier 4 (durasteel) armor. Added "durasteel" to Tier 3 armor item tags as a temporary measure.
    • Quests
      • After completing the FTL mission, my ship is able to leave the starter system, but the mission still shows in my ship AI. I don't appear to be able to unlock any further ship upgrades as they rely on that mission being completed. The new mission files seem to reference a lua script that the one in this mod doesn't use, so perhaps mission completion has been changed.

3. tendrille

tendrille Subatomic Cosmonaut

Armor stuff should be fine syntax-wise now, still gotta pixel out quite a few of them though - I may consider putting some of the designs aside for now so I can focus on more races and drum up some motivation.

The stuff with the quests is weird, I'll look into it and see if it's still an issue.

Sorry content is taking so long, got a lot going on.

4. tendrille

5. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

And people said Vietnam flashbacks were bad, Monster girl quest paradox is burning a hole in my brain.

6. tendrille

Glad I can help you suffer, my friend

7. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

*Violently shaking*

8. mattheon

mattheon Void-Bound Voyager

Cannot create succubus t6 armor of any kind.

9. tendrille

I'll look into it.

10. Bluehaze83

Bluehaze83 Void-Bound Voyager

Could there be hair swaps with horns, and one without any? I like the horns, and made a character regardless, but it'd be pretty neat to make a Deviluke as well. I know that's outside of being a Succubus, but meh. One of my favorite mods regardless.

11. tendrille

I can for sure add in hornless options.

12. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's probably time to update the succubus/incubus picture.
    [​IMG]
    They don't have beady little eyes anymore.
    [​IMG]
    Now the only thing that's not quite correct is the fact the current version doesn't grant access to that armor tier yet.

EDIT: Heh. I think I see the reason why tier 6 armor isn't appearing. Certain parts of the recipe files don't look the same as the tier 5 ones. I'm gonna personally adjust it for myself while I wait for this mod to get updated. Probably have to start fresh once it is, anyway.

EDIT: Okay I don't know what I'm doing, apparently. Tier 6 armor recipes weren't learned. I didn't even get the old "Perfectly Generic Item" messages.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  13. Kehvarl

It looks like the Tier 6 armor recipes aren't in the succubus species definition. Try this (as admin):
    /spawnitem succubustier6ahead-recipe
    /spawnitem succubustier6achest-recipe
    /spawnitem succubustier6apants-recipe

/spawnitem succubustier6mhead-recipe
    /spawnitem succubustier6mchest-recipe
    /spawnitem succubustier6mpants-recipe

That should give you blueprints for the Accelerator-table Tier6 armor and the Manipulator-table Tier6 armor. Just learn the blueprints and you're set.

14. XelSlime

I almost wish the left side of the slime species selection was male (I've been liking the idea of slime people since some point back while I was playing Space Station 13, and the sbg mod's costume-based slime people honestly don't look as good to me), but I can understand that some people would enjoy having the option to go with or without legs, and it IS nice for people to be able to go with their preference, separate from other characters. Shame there's no simple route for leg style, like how incubi and succubi determine head parts with hairstyles alone.

EDIT:
    Never mind, I've gotten into editing sprites, and adjusted the sbg mod's slime race's head to my preferred style. Even kept some of the look of the Slime Mask it was originally based on. Fun. I could almost get into spritework if I didn't think too much about the amount of frames and whatnot that need to be done.

Still keeping this mod in place though, and curious what else might be added in the future. I'd throw in a couple tenants, personally... and maybe some racial furniture to get them to appear, of course.

Does anyone else kinda wish the races in this mod would sometimes appear as enemies? Maybe the slime could have some sort of movement-affecting debuffs, or a grapple (it'd be fun, but is it possible to stop a player's movement like that?), and the Lilin could have..... I dunno, some sort of enchantment-like effect, at least something debilitating or weakening. Giving them unique capabilities as enemies, if not things that players can eventually acquire, might help to make the mod even more interesting.

EDIT:
    Got bored or something, decided to try messing with the idea of custom tenants. I managed to make them, but there's the issue of dialog. I'm not familiar with how things work, just editing existing files, so when I talk to them after editing a copied converse.config file, instead of saying even the old "I have nothing to say to you" line, they immediately die. Gotta figure that one out...

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  15. LatiasPizza

LatiasPizza Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to see a male version of the slimes.

16. blue3sonic

blue3sonic Void-Bound Voyager

i wanna know if you'll make armor for incubus rather than just have succubus armour on it im not sure if this is somthing you already plan on doing but i just thought id ask

17. djonegamerboy

djonegamerboy Yeah, You!

Am I the only one who's ship is raised up in a weird place? The floor texture is not where it should be after I upgraded my ship.

Attached Files:

18. XelSlime

I've seen that happen, myself. Not sure what to say, other than that I've been taking to replacing the ship file folder with that of a customizable thing whenever I use a custom race nowadays.

There might be a way to delete ship files and start fresh, but the last time I tried such a thing, I deleted my quest progress on said ship as well, while retaining progress on my character.

19. darkqueen

darkqueen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im now hoping for Bee girls, Foxes, and More Slimes (Suu<3)
    --- Post updated ---
    so a Incubus?

20. Elena Arshavina

Elena Arshavina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying to use the mod but my starbound keeps crashing any idea's?

wobbiso likes this.