Modding Community Rules/Guidelines [Updated Feb 24 2015]

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by mollygos, Dec 24, 2013.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Many of the mods are like that.
    As long as it is used only for the Starbound Game - no one will mind.

2. Mjollna

Mjollna Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok then it's cool :) Thank you for your answer !

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The End of Time

What is the policy on mod reviews? Are there rules specifically for them? Would a review saying "it doesn't work" be in violation of any rules and be subject to removal?

4. U.N.Owen

U.N.Owen Intergalactic Tourist

Before I publish my first mod here
    I have a question.

I want allow anyone to alter/redistribute/fork my mods.
    But I don't want allow them to close modified versions from me.
    I want that anyone who alter/redistribute/fork my mods granted me permission for altering/redistributing/forking his mods.

Actually I want to use GPL, but it's probably impossible because mod is derivative work.

Which option should I choose for this?
    «Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent» or «You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod»?

5. splitwires

splitwires Space Hobo

the second, simply because it allows you to talk to them and come to an agreement

i gotta wonder, if mods here were to be nexus mod manager compatible, would it be possible to make it check here for their updates? it's actually kinda unfortunate that all the mods are here

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  6. NexusTheBrony

NexusTheBrony Phantasmal Quasar

there is not any genitals and its playing on real (with genitals) art that kids are legally allowed to see (doesn't mean parents will let them, tho)