Modding Help modded object not placing in dungeon, no error in log

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by dualinfinities, Jul 2, 2017.

1. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

anyone an expert in the idiosyncrasies of Tiled and knows a likely cause of this off the top of their heads? I think this is an issue with tilesets, but it's hard to diagnose something that makes no log errors. I don't even know what exactly I should be posting to help you guys, heeeeelp!

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

A few questions that could narrow down the source of your problem;
    Is this only one object not being placed or is it every object in the dungeon?
    Is it an object you made yourself or is it vanilla Starbound?
    Did you make sure that you placed it in the object layer and not the front, back, or any other layer?

3. dualinfinities

-just the one, not that helpful b/c it's also the only modded thing in the dungeon
    -thing I made
    -in the object layer
    that tell you anything?

4. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

Does the object spawn with the "spawnitem" command?

If not, and you get a generic item instead, then it should give you an error in the log.

5. dualinfinities

nope, item works when spawned in, no problem with that. it's pretty clearly a Tiled issue, which is why I have no idea how to fix it or what exactly is wrong

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I have heard that Tiled version 0.15 is best when it comes to making Starbound dungeons (It is the version that I use and I have not had any mysterious problems). Perhaps you could down load version 0.15 and rebuild the dungeon.

7. dualinfinities

never mind, that's apparently normal. back to square 1, I guess. also placedungeon no longer seems to work, how annoying. log isn't particularly helpful either: https://pastebin.com/GFeLc1NE nothing there but access violation and Star-spam. that stuff is kinda hard to read. the only thing that really sticks out is the TMX stuff, but I have no idea how to fix it =.=

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017