Modding Help Modded Clothing Recipe not working

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DiesePower, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DiesePower

DiesePower Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I should preface this with saying some of my recipes are working, which is why it's so frustrating. All of my items are able to be spawned in via admin, but they won't show up in the crafting wheel like they should. As an example:

The Recipe that works:

[​IMG]

The Recipe that doesn't work:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried picking up my crafting wheel and putting it down again, starting a new character, nothing's fixed it! I'd assume it's a player.config patch that needs to add the recipe, but the first one doesn't use one! The second one, I tried to add one, and it didn't help! Any ideas would be really appreciated.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You have to learn a recipe in order to see it..

skip to 9 minutes 10 seconds

3. DiesePower

Oh wow, this is really thorough! How odd, I didn't have to learn the Speedster's head.. I'll give this a go, and keep you updated!

4. DiesePower

Unfortunately, there was no dice here. All of my items are parallel to where they should be (weirdly enough, removing that file and keeping the very unorganized 'hats' file with the recipes still makes the two objects that work available. I've kept both organization files until I can figure out what's wrong), the config patch is in the base file, and I followed writing it to a T with no update on progress. Do you have any other tricks up your sleeve? I'd be more than willing to share the files to get to the bottom of this, the pack only contains five items.

5. The | Suit

You sure you "learned" the recipe?

The files you provided are only for the recipe it self.
    Did you add the recipe to player.config?

Just post the patch file you made for the player.config

6. DiesePower

This is the patch file, top to bottom. Named player.config.patch, in the base mod folder. As a note, the Speedsterwings and speedsterhead are the two that worked even without this file (for some reason? There's no other config patch), and the other three don't work.

[​IMG]

7. The | Suit

can you manually spawn fishonista head without it?
    Just zip up your folder ill take a look at it.

8. DiesePower

I can spawn all the items just fine, it's just getting them to appear as a craftable item that's messing up. You can get the zip file by clicking here, and I want to thank you for all the trouble you're going through. This is the first time I've ever really modded a game, so it's quite the learning experience.

9. The | Suit

You forgot to use a comma for fish and coral in input in seperating the two values in recipe.
    I didn't notice in the image.

Its easier to process information if you just paste the code here directly in the future.
    You can use
    [code] [/code]
    to keep spacing.

edift:
    For future reference if you checked your log you would have found the answer also
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...ors-fixing-most-problems-yourself-v1-1.69198/

10. DiesePower

Omg, all that damage from just two little commas! Thank you so much for all of your help, it finally works! And thank you for the references, I admit, I had no idea how to read the log files or post code, that's a huge help! It's all finally working, thanks to you!

The | Suit likes this.