Modding Discussion Mod uploader tool assistence.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Apple Kid, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Apple Kid

Apple Kid Big Damn Hero

So this is pretty stupid of me but I'm honestly having trouble with this steam mod uploader tool...
    "What seems to be the problem?" or "What are you having trouble with?" You may ask, and i may answer that!
    I'm honestly having trouble with how simple it is... Stupid, right? I guess I'm just use to everything being complicated.
    So may somebody explain the workshop mod uploader tool to me? Help with this would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You wrote a statement about people asking questions about the statement.

But did not write at any point what exactly is the issue you are facing.
    Next time it is best to skip the first part and go straight to only the issue.

3. Apple Kid

Apple Kid Big Damn Hero

Oh, I thought i made my problem pretty clear but i guess not.
    The question was if somebody could explain how the mod uploader on steam works since it's too simple for my mind to understand.
    Like would the title or the name be shown in the Workshop? Is the preview image for the icon or is it for screenshots of the mod itself?
    It's pretty self explanatory what description and author is for but the rest is unclear to me.

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You literally wrote nothing meaningful in your first post, which in any way would convey an idea of what you desired.

When asking for help - it is best to avoid literary flourishes and get straight to the point.
    Example,

"Can some one please explain all the parameters in the mod uploader tool?"

Would have given exactly what is required.

• Name: Is the name designated to the mod used by the game engine - as well as if other mod authors wished to create a dependency of your mod. This name is for code purposes and never shown to the player.
    • Title: Is the name shown to the player on the Title of the steam workshop.
    • Description: Is the description shown both in the Steam Workshop as well as in game in the mod manager.
    • Preview Image - is the Icon shown as both the Large image under the title in steam workshop, as well as the icon shown in the Steam workshop listing.
      • The image should be Less than 512 x 512 and 1mb in size.

Apple Kid likes this.
  5. Apple Kid

Apple Kid Big Damn Hero

My apologies, should of made myself more clear.
    Thanks for explaining it to me, much appreciated.