MOD-TUTORIAL 4: How to make your own Armor

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ghoul159, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShirtyScarab554

ShirtyScarab554 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey my armor is functional but I can't take damage from enemies, can anyone help?

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Probably becausethe guide you followedis outdated. Unpack your game assets and base your custom armor on current vanilla game assets.

3. ShirtyScarab554

ShirtyScarab554 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's what I did,

4. Mackinz

Are you in admin mode?

Naddox likes this.
  5. Dr. Pugsley

Dr. Pugsley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I have one question, and that is, How in the actual hell can I make my armor just purely cosmetic, without any buffs or anything like that?

6. Mackinz

If you unpack the game assets, you will find hundreds of examples of purely cosmetic armors. This guide, being almost three years old, is well out of date for current Starbound so you should not be following it.

7. Dr. Pugsley

Since I unpacked it I can't launch the game anymore. I don't know how to fix that problem, I tried re-packing it and it didn't work.

8. Mackinz

Rename the unpacked assets folder so that it starts with an _, like unpacked to _unpacked. The game loads any folders in /assets/, /user/, and /mods/ if there isn't an underscore, which can cause serious loading lag for multiple unpacked assets folders.

9. Dr. Pugsley

Yeah I just deleted the folder, I repacked it beforehand over course but still, now I need to figure out how to make this armor craftable for the workshop masses.

10. NovaNeoAlumina

NovaNeoAlumina Void-Bound Voyager

does this work with 1.0?

11. Mackinz

No. And, really, this thread should be locked.

Anyway:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.