Modding Discussion Mod "Request/Idea" - Iron man Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by linkboy84, Oct 21, 2016.

1. linkboy84

linkboy84 Void-Bound Voyager

Inspired by the fact that Tony Stark has a bunch of suits, I thought it would be cool to add this to Starbound in the form of a mod. I have no modding skills, so I present you with my ideas.

Ideas:
    1. The "starter" "suit"
      Based on the Mk I, this suit would have no "base" suit, and the suit itself would be the armour. allowing only three basic upgrades (Back, Right wrist and Left wrist), this would be the start of your suited adventure.

2. The "base" suit
      Like the Mk __, this base layer is what you upgrade. Initially bulky and heavy, you could upgrade this layer of the suit to be lighter, more aerodynamic, stronger, etc.

3. The "tech" layer
      This layer would allow for custom weapons and equipment. Such as repulsion technology, missiles, lasers, flight, atmospheric protection, etc.

4. The "armour" Layer
      This layer would extra protection for the wearer. Some materials and shapes would have different properties. Being lighter but weaker, heavier but tougher, etc. But as you got to a certain point, you could "mix" metals to get different properties. Like metals that, when applied to the suit as armour, would be both lighter AND tougher. But, you could also get metals that would be heavier and weaker at the same time.

What do you think? Would anyone be willing to take this up?