[MOB/MOUNT] Swordbeaks

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Dragonith, Jun 5, 2012.

1. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

If these somehow get added to Starbound I'm going to ride the F*** out of these glorious creatures! (Like on a saddle...)

Miuub, Dragonith and Percival like this.
  2. Percival

Percival Phantasmal Quasar

:rofl: I like that the clarification was necessary ;)
    I would also be all over having a stable full of Doom Chocobos. One of every type, and a whole flock and a half of the adorable little Knifelets.

JennShii likes this.
  3. Miuub

Miuub Phantasmal Quasar

If any of your suggestions get added, I REALLY hope it's this one.

4. Sen-Mithrarin

Sen-Mithrarin Industrial Terraformer

I like this idea and think it should be added as well.

5. StormGrenader

StormGrenader Tentacle Wrangler

What if they were a i don't know man a dagger beak like a little beak but attack faster than the other ones

6. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Wow, these looks awesome! Support!

7. Astronimus

Astronimus Void-Bound Voyager

Seriously, this is great. You have my support.

8. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kool. I really like them and even though I already asked this on your DeviantArt in the comments of the Aceraperid sprites. I was wondering if my friend and I could have permission to mod these in. For extra info. I was thinking of making craftable baits that spawn them as bosses and upon defeat drop a Knifelet egg upon defeat which you could show a specific item to make it drop a capture pod for Sword/Axe/Spear/Scythebeak. The other possible way I thought of was using the bait to spawn one as a boss but making the boss you spawned (Which is one of 4 variations) drop a tech that is one of them as a mount. As a mount they would have thier Melee attacks and the tech will be upgradeable with the tier of bars ( AKA Rubium gives a tier 9 Axebeak for example ) you used to upgrade the tech. However this second idea doesn't have much room for the Knifelet except for a possible item that spawns them in a similar way to chickens currently.

9. HoodieNinja_7

HoodieNinja_7 Pangalactic Porcupine

I can imagine riding them around like chocobos
    Skewering everything in sight
    Laughing maniacally all the while

10. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another idea I had was to make the dropped knifelet egg hatchable in a breeding room. then the knifelet being an item which you put in a baby room and make it watch a movie to grow. each movie changes its species and tier. Example tier 3 Swordbeak movie = The 3 beaketiers or tier 8 scythebeak move = Night of the Scythe ( rip-off movies FTW)

11. HoodieNinja_7

HoodieNinja_7 Pangalactic Porcupine

Interesting idea