Modding Help Missing tiles?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ejmcelfresh, May 13, 2017.

1. ejmcelfresh

ejmcelfresh Void-Bound Voyager

I'm in a situation where I'm unable to return to my home planet, apparently due to some tree tiles being missing.

The two things that are cropping up in the server log (see attached) are:

[04:10:46.657] [Error] Exception caught loading asset:/plants/trees/swamp/foliage/weeping/crown3.png?hueshift=86.7127, (AssetException) No such asset '/plants/trees/swamp/foliage/weeping/crown3.png'

[04:13:04.270] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (PlantDatabaseException) Error constructing plant from tree variant stem: colourfulstem foliage: weepingleaves

I've been talking to Frackin Universe's mod dev and he says it's not an asset from his mod and might be from another mod or even the core game.

Either way, I can't find the plants folder listed in the log report for the crown3.png and I have no idea how to begin to fix the "constructing plant" issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ejmcelfresh

So basically the entire crash of this planet is caused by a missing crown3.png file from the default starbound assets, unmodded. I've unpacked the packed.pak file, and added the file back in manually and repacked it (done with the provided tools in Win32). This causes the game to crash before chucklefish even begins his chuckle. What's a guy to do at this point? I literally can't play this game until this is fixed because if I accidently produce another tree or come across one with this in it, that planet is dead, so there is no point in playing this game. IRC appears to be dead with 50+ people in it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. ejmcelfresh

I just noticed the other pictures are in around 150x125 while the crown3.png I found is over 900x800. I think the size needs fixed but I don't know how big it's supposed to be, any one happen to know?

4. ejmcelfresh

This is resolved;

I finally had some one in the #starbound IRC assist me. He advised me to create and add a mod placing a "crown3.png" file into the game and it worked immediately and I have access to my planet again. I can post the over all process here if anyone is interested.