1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Ultra mutant 336

Ultra mutant 336 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I still have my yellow Derricks. Yes. Plural. As well as my other pals. Still all about with meh.

2. Feathery Quink

Feathery Quink Title Not Found

[DOUBLEPOST=1417732684][/DOUBLEPOST] image2.JPG
    Derrick mugshot: taken on Alpha Gath Memvar 9362 VII.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

BY THE CONTORSIVE LAW OF ALBERTO EINSTEINIAN THAT IS TERRIFYING!
    I approve.

4. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Whoa! He looks awesome! That's actually sorta what I imagined he would look like in real life.[DOUBLEPOST=1417741105][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I can't find VII in that system ;-;

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  5. Feathery Quink

Oh noes. Updates. There must have been some sort of change. the creatures there were quite like Derrick.[DOUBLEPOST=1417743134][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I had just remembered this: I had written the coords down, but that was a while ago. The stars must have been changed.

6. Kerriganne

Kerriganne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I first saw this thread before I had an account on the forums but I just want to say that if I find Derrick I'll post the coords here. I do have a few mods but from my understanding, only mods that actually affect the planets will invalidate what I find and I don't think any of my mods (The monster girls mod, a mod to accommodate for that, and the Colonies mod) mess with that so I should be able to join the hunt. We can find him! =)

rhomboid likes this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Today I was in a Glitch village, and in their stable was a creature that looked exactly like Derrick, only blue! I couldn't get him out before everything exploded, though. Sorry:(

8. Feathery Quink

I normally play on nightly. But they have removed the monster sounds for the time being. Does Derrick say EEhehheeehhhnannannana? Or Unnnnllllllllolololklo?I was playing on unstable and there was an exact copy of Derrick, except it was dark red. It launched itself at me, and I beamed up to my ship. I never saw another beast like it.

SirKaldar and The Squid like this.
  9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Derrick head is not in nightly...

10. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Wait but if he saw it... my theory about Derrick being dead and a ghost was right! :eek:
    He's haunting the dame! *dramatic music*

The Squid likes this.
  11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Or else Derricks soul inhabited a developer and added billions of lmost-Derricks into the game!

12. Feathery Dust

Or maybe a developer's soul inhabited Derrick and then he inhabited another developer and then he did that!
    Where on earth is this thread going I'm so freakin' lost and confused right now *awkward laugh*

rhomboid and The Squid like this.
  13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I imagine one of the devs waking up in the middle of the night, and then they sit up and see a pale, ghostly Derrick sitting in front of them. The Derrick-ghost lunges at them, and they lose consciousness. The next morning, the rest of the staff find the dev working furiously in the office, adding and replacing every monster texture with Derricks head.
    2spoopy4mi

14. Feathery Dust

Derrick: The Starbound Game Haunting.
    In theaters 2016, pre-purchase a ticket today!

rhomboid and The Squid like this.
  15. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

Floran find him,yes?Floran never fail,but rewards must be increased.Floran will start searching,but need capture pods.

Edit:Floran needs more information:What types of planets he prefers?Day or night?water or land?oxygenless planet or a livable one?What race did take him?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    SirKaldar likes this.
  16. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

At this point the dev's need to make an endgame mission where you track a preset Derrick NPC across the universe.

17. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Have you checked today?
    They could have put it in.

18. Ultra mutant 336

Ultra mutant 336 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If I lose my friends who I have had so long I am going to be pissed off when SB comes out... I spent months finding the ones I have! That time won't come back.

Also. If I had the money I'd pay every dev of SB 20$ if I could get them to give Yongzhi a premium special summon item for his Derrick. (Heck I'd give them each 50$ but I don't have that kind of dosh on me I can barely pay my bills currently)

SirKaldar and Yzzey like this.
  19. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Could anyone who has the Derrick mod installed capture a high-quality picture of Derrick if you see him, and upload it here? I found a way to make drawables, and I'm planning on making a Derrick item to see how it goes.

SirKaldar and rhomboid like this.
  20. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

I should make a unique creature that is ALWAYS derrick.

I can do this shizzle.

Hawk Novablast likes this.