1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous (In-progress) list of Bugs/Problems/Requests

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Potiq, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Potiq

Potiq Void-Bound Voyager

(This list will continue to be updated as time goes on)

(Also note that some of the things mentioned in this list may have already been patched)

Bugs:

- Players can hit enemies through blocks with their swords.

- Occasionally during the night, the Sky will shake for a split second.

- In Co-op, there is a bug that causes the player to not be able to beam to a friends ship.

- Trying to harvest platform blocks with an axe causes black particles to be emitted, instead of the normal brown color of the platforms (Credits to MyLittleBurger)

Problems:

- Tabbing out causes the player to switch from full screen to windowed mode

- The FPS will tend to fluctuate

- The Stone Axe will not efficiently harvest any wood related block that you put down (Credits to MyLittleBurger)

- The larger image of the torch is either incomplete or just to zoomed in (Credits to MyLittleBurger)

- The Pickaxe may be the only tool with a health bar (Credits to Vininator)

Requests:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. Tzajj

Tzajj Yeah, You!

No thanks,
    Getting food is annoying enough as it is(with 1/5 aliens yielding food)

3. G3Shawty

G3Shawty Poptop Tamer

Grow crops.

4. slatwob

slatwob Big Damn Hero

the game is already pretty tedious, I'd really rather not.

5. G3Shawty

G3Shawty Poptop Tamer

So putting stuff on the ground then walking away is hard?

Do you want to be spoonfed as well?

ForceInfinity likes this.
  6. slatwob

slatwob Big Damn Hero

That's not really wrong, I would like to be spoonfed in that I would like an option to turn off hunger, or to make monsters drop meat with any weapon.
    I just think the whole hunger system slows the game down a lot and stopping to make farms is tedious to me.

7. Mathew

Mathew Star Wrangler

It takes about 10 minutes to farm 500+ wood on a forest planet, which you can use as fuel instead of coal if that's a problem, and many planets have pre-made farms that (typically) the Glitches make, or they even have stores that outright sell you a piece of food for like 18 pixels. Exploring makes finding food alot easier, also, finding food in chests and mining dungeons are extremely common from what I've seen.

8. G3Shawty

G3Shawty Poptop Tamer

After planting like 9 or so crops, I've managed to gather at least 20-30 food for my character. If you seriously think that Hunger is hindering the game, you might as well ask for "peaceful" mode.

ForceInfinity likes this.
  9. ForceInfinity

ForceInfinity Hey, You!

hunger, cold, and food drop are not hindering the game. its actually not bad at all. you are only hindering yourself.. its a part of the game mechanics.

G3Shawty likes this.
  10. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A bug I noticed was that the regular axe (stone for sure) can't be used to quickly harvest wood related blocks (any log/wood plank/platform blocks you put down). Trying to harvest platform blocks with an axe causes black particles to be emitted, instead of the normal brown color of the platforms.

One minor visual bug is that in the larger image of the torch is either incomplete or just to zoomed in. Another is that the graphic for the copper helmet in the crafting menu looks like some goggle headgear.

11. Vininator

Vininator Void-Bound Voyager

like MyLittleBurger said. The pickaxe breaks wood building blocks faster than the (woodcutting) axe. Also, is it intended for the Pickaxe to be the only tool with a health bar?

12. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed that torches have a cumulative warming effect, in that if you say have two next to each other side by side, they would provide more warmth then just one. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it was meant to be that way though (with the torches providing overlapping fields of warming that add together).