Modding Help Mirroring weapon in a specific stance

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by m#digamma, Apr 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. m#digamma

m#digamma Big Damn Hero

Hello!

I'm wondering if it is possible to have a weapon mirrored while it is in it's idle stance.
    I've read that stuff like this is done in the .animation file of a weapon, but so far I only managed to have a second, mirrored version of the weapon pop up behind the original one, and it stays there in every stance. Not quite what I wanted. o_O

So, any help on this would be appreciated! X3

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

What do you mean by mirorred? Flipped so that it's not upside down? If that is the case it just needs to be flipable it should be one of the active item elements

3. m#digamma

m#digamma Big Damn Hero

There is "allowFlip" and it's set to true, but it doesn't actually flip the weapon.

edit: I just set it to false to see what happens... definitely not what Im looking for.

edit2: Hopefully this mockup does a better job at explaining my problem:

[​IMG]

The left one vaguely shows what I'd like to have, the right one is what I got.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

you could just mirror the image manually and play with the orientation element it's using degrees so 0-359

5. m#digamma

m#digamma Big Damn Hero

Buuut that would mirror it for all stances. Windup, fire etc are all fine, it's only idle that needs to be mirrored.

6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Ok I think you could probably be fixed by a custom animation file, but I really have no idea how one would do that though I think you would need to just set a different flipped image for the idle part and the normal one for the fire part

7. m#digamma

m#digamma Big Damn Hero

"Fire" is already used for that little swoosh animation though. Well, guess I'll have to stick with mirroring the whole thing for now.
    Thanks anyway :up:

Last edited: May 1, 2016