1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Melee or Shooting

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jjjason99, Jun 26, 2012.

?

would you rather have more shooting or melee weapons in the game?

1. shooting

78.8%
  2. melee

58.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I want to walk through a swarm of enemies and wach them die and their corpes fly away,any weapon that can do this is fine.But I'll probably switch two-handed blades and two-handed guns,dual welding is mainstream.
    Also,never shields.

2. Tyr

Tyr Pangalactic Porcupine

Double shields all the way.
    With stomp boots. Jump on all the head, block all the attacks.

3. Tmonster

Tmonster Phantasmal Quasar

Shooting.
    I'm Agent 47 with a AK-U 47 with Noob tube And bayonet

4. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

that is a tough one, maybe melee.

5. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

I'd go ranged when exploring new areas, and melee just to hurry through places I've already been. Using melee like this, you only need to worry about enemies that you fail to avoid, and won't have to waste ammo. Theoretically, I'd use melee 75% of the time, but still prefer maximizing my ranged power.

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From what I've seen you can only use one hand at once, unless it is a two handed item. But there hasn't been much info on this so who knows.

7. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll stick to assault rifles and sniper rifles ( I hope they are 2-handed , because holding a rifle with 1 hand fails ).

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's confirmed that some weapons will be 2-handed, and require both slots, so probably!

9. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I'll most likely be a melee person, hopefully they have a Ninjato Katana :)
    Either that or I'll have a small pistol as my secondary... actually that sounds fun.

10. killemded

killemded Subatomic Cosmonaut

hopefully can dual wield medium ranged weapon with a one handed melee. but maybe im just dreaming of being OP.

11. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

12. cerevox

cerevox Phantasmal Quasar

It would make sense that its the right/left mouse button, so if you hit both buttons at once, you get action from both hands, so it should allow you to fire 2 dual wield pistols at once, however you only have one cursor to aim at and the only way to get another aim point is to do something horribly complex to the UI and controls, which would probably not be worth it. Or just have a preset button for firing in both directions or something.

13. Melee, because it sometimes gets the job done quicker and dosen't require any ammo.

14. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

Well this time around I think they're having regenerating weapons, kinda infinite ammo, just a bit of waiting.
    Although I do agree, guns do have a certain charm to them, with the range and rapid fire aspects.

15. 1337thonas

1337thonas Aquatic Astronaut

I think i like run and shoot in TR still............

16. FireDrake204

FireDrake204 Pangalactic Porcupine

Neither, gonna play as a distraction and move around like bananas.
    I call it 'the art of the Dodge'.

17. Fuzions

Fuzions Zero Gravity Genie

I'm neutral.
    For some situations melee would be better, and other situations ranged would be better.

18. Sashima

Sashima Big Damn Hero

I think shooting, and melee should be balanced out. Like say melee has it's short range but high dmg and piercing? So it would be useful against tanky enemies, but be less useful against ranged, or flying enemies.

The ranged would have low dmg and possibly slow atk speed, making it less useful against tanky enemies, and small crowds, and more useful on ranged, or flying enemies who have much less def.

personally I always take pref to melee, but I'll take ranged when it's useful

19. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

Generally I don't like close quarters combat and even less, situations where I can't get an eye on my oppenent at all, so I think I'll have to wait till the game comes out.
    In Terraria I was best by far in magic, and since it's sort of a form of ranged, I'll probably go with that when I figured out the game well enough.
    I found that in terraria monster combat is definitely best with melee or ranged, where mana potions become required for any magical success at all. So I'll probably stick with the melee type till I have figured out the game well.

20. ShailsTDSPT

ShailsTDSPT Void-Bound Voyager

Double wield fishes :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.