Race Meet the Psyliphs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Symphony, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Would they fall in to the same position as the other races and have their home destroyed by the big bad? That might make obtaining Crezanite rather hard. Though I would imagine being renewable, that they could make do with what they have.

2. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

I may as well talk about this, I planned to write something about that and similar issues as "optional" lore, lore that would be used to balance them as a playable race. So yes, their home planet would be destroyed, and they'd have to flee. Unknown to the Psyliphs, their home planets core was pure Crezanite, and acted as a massive catalyst for their psionic abilities. While the planet was intact, they held extraordinary power, but with it gone, they're much weaker. They retain their vast intelligence, but lose the telekinetic abilities and what not. They'd only be able to use their abilities in unison with Crezanite enriched weapons. Crezanite can be found on other planets, but no other planet with a crezanite core is likely to exist in the entire universe.

3. Choedon

Choedon Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like Mew from Pokemon will be flying through space soon.

4. Namiwakiru

Neat, I can kind of see an optional racial quest line where players are asked to retrieve various crystals types from across the universe in search of something similar to replace their flagging supply. Or perhaps the destruction of the planet flung shards of Crezanite across the stars to be found as small deposits. (remember how meteorite ore could be found in Terraria)

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  5. Symphony

Damnit you quoted it before I edited/fixed it. Ahaha, now my crappy writing is in your hands

Stedms likes this.
  6. That's at least the third time Mew's been referenced in the last 2 pages :rofl:
    Oh, I just thought I'd mention: I added this to my sig! You'll find it somewhere in the see of hyperlinks...

7. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If they reproduce without the use of the good old reproduction system, it appears to me they aren't mammals. (Dunno if that's the case with Hylotl or Floran or others.)
    But why do the females have breasts? *shrug*

Else: Reminds me of Mewto, or what it's called. Nice Story though.

8. Namiwakiru

Nonsense, your writing is far from crappy. It's one thing to invent a race, it's another when you give them an identity which you have done in leaps and bounds

9. Perhaps they gave them to themselves after they came in to contact with humans, since they apparently also adopted their fashion.

10. Rankomonaut

Wouldn't that speak for an easily manipulated mind? I mean, of course it sounds "logic", but so much progressed in evolution, but a somewhat devoted worshipping of humans? Don't know.

11. Symphony

I don't mean for them to necessarily worship humans, just appreciate them. They love their culture and wanted to integrate more human culture into their society

The Psyliphs are almost incapable of arrogance, and understand their strengths and weaknesses. They respect all sentient life, and don't ever assume they're better than any other society.
    Also, in comparison to humans, they're frail and physically weaker. Without their home planet and the strengthened psionic abilities it gave them, they're only superior for their intelligence, and some mild psionic abilities left over.

Aha, thanks :) But I meant the first version of that description was rather sucky and rushed, I fixed it up in the current version

12. Symphony

I'll try and come up with an explanation for that later. However, people need to stop questioning boobs on the races that shouldn't have boobs They have boobs for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To simplify armor design

Model QT-377665 and DanteStigma like this.
  13. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

right, "armor design" lol.

14. Symphony

Yep, armor design. There's no way my race would make it in if they had a different body type.

Model QT-377665 and DanteStigma like this.
  15. Not bad at all!:up:

16. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Wow!Very cool race,mate!
    I like how they are close friends with the humans.Very original and interesting!
    +1!
    :up:

17. Rankomonaut

Did not know boobs were that present in so much discussions... It just didn't make sense to me, maybe I just don't want to imagine a female "Grey" with breasts. ^^

18. Symphony

Theres been a lot of threads about it, and a lot of locked topics. Anywho how bout this:
    The breasts of the female Psyliph are actually hormonal glands that allow them to emit the X wave during reproduction. Without the presence of the breasts, the females X wave isn't potent enough to spark with the males Y wave, causing "infertility" The Psyliphs don't consider a females breasts anything sexual, and unlike humans, a Psyliphs breasts are actually solid and protected by bone. They sit next to the heart so the hormones and chemicals can be distrubted throughout the body quickly.

Stedms and Model QT-377665 like this.
  19. Rankomonaut

Now that sounds quite logic to their physics and biology. (Although I wonder where the Y-waves are emitted...)

Seajun_ and Symphony like this.
  20. Symphony

I'll try and get some more biology posted tonight :) The Y wave is the base wave form. It can be potently produced without the addition of extra hormones, therefore if a female had her "breasts" removed, she could immediately become a he. The glands temporarily mutate hormones to create the X wave, so without the glands, she would produce the Y wave.

The linking of X and Y waves is a euphoric feeling, and creates a bonds between the two Psyliphs.
    Homosexuality is still possible and accepted in Psyliph culture, however the pleasure recieved from linking two similar waves isn't as intense, and children can't be conceived.