Race Meet the Psyliphs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Symphony, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

Oh damn. That eye thing actually sounds plausible.. I'm starting to understand the suspicions. Thanks for the tip, I tried using red and gold and it looked funny, replacing the gold with purple looks way better.

Anywho hows this for a test, do the colors work? And does it look appropriate?
    [​IMG]

pquadros, Cloudhopper, Stedms and 5 others like this.
  2. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

Not bad at all but considering these are the Greys which America lost its mind over perhaps their garb should represent as such, sweater vests and slacks and all that stuff. But the Egyptian vibe is looking nice, I would suggest looking other cultures and see which resonates with possible alien interaction the most.

3. Symphony

[​IMG]

You know what? The Psyliphs have been a part of our culture for years, in disguise. They've lived with as as we advanced, and picked up a lot of our quirks and styles. A lot of our fashion has stuck with them, and they really respect our creativity. Most Psyliphs lack a wild imagination, and look to humans for inspiration.

[​IMG]

Stedms, jintoya and Ghostar like this.
  4. SlyNinjaRabbit

SlyNinjaRabbit Title Not Found

This race would be amazing in a mod or even the full game :)

5. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Dang, this is really well thought out :).

6. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

Not really that silent

7. Symphony

I don't know what you're talking about. Also I don't know why i posted human sprites in my Psyliph suggestion, it doesn't seem very relevant.
    Anywho heres something I've been working on for an hour or so, and I decided to animate it in a really simple way just for fun~ Working to replace the art I have at the top of the OP~

[​IMG]

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  8. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

It was a stupid doctor who joke. In doctor who there's a race of aliens that live among humans called the silence, they look a bit like your race. However instead of just blending in if you look away from one you forget its existence.

9. Symphony

Oh my bad, bahaha. I thought you were saying they don't look very inconspicuous so I was pretending that they totally looked like humans.

Updated that shitty doodle concept art I had posted, in my opinion this one is waaaaaaaay better ;)

10. Symphony

Added a bit of info stuff, and then a big ol' section for lifeform interactions! If anyone wants me to include their race in the interactions log, just ask :)!

11. lordcavi

lordcavi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

why dont you add the starkids? they are going in the game.

12. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

And just like that this race has rocketed on my top 5 favorite race list.

13. pankakeman

pankakeman Starship Captain

Very well done in the creation of this Race. It's pretty, well made and I am fond to see what becomes of this. The story embedded within your Race idea is also quite immersing, I really believed that the race had already been incorporated, and that was a foundry made on the back story of it all.

Might I suggest you add what kind of feel the people of this Race live by? Do they follow humans, live in houses, together, apart, feel proper emotions? Or did they start learning such a thing as time went on watching the humans. Deetaiillls <3

Anyway, all I can say is great job, you have created something from the ground up which is an achievement in itself, whether this becomes something truly real within Starbound or not.

14. Gusgallows

Gusgallows Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love this idea, and whoever thought of it deserves countless, thousands, no.. billions! Of their favorite night time treat. Anyhow the creature's outfits, ideas, origin sound amazing. I hate to say that the sprite alone is lightly... bland (NO OFFENSE). But it definitely fits the space/crystal/alien type. So good job! Keep workin' on it!

15. Symphony

I will be, just didn't have time yesterday :)

I guess I thought of it, but their design was heavily inspired by the greys, as with some of their info~ Yeah, I know the sprite is a little simple, but I'm not sure how to spice it up and still stick to the concept :(

Thanks :) Yeah I plan on adding all that info and more, I just don't have that much time on my hands because of work :( I got a lot done this weekend though, and hopefully I can fill in some more today!

Damn. I've seen a lot of pretty awesome race suggestions on here, that makes me feel pretty great :) Thanks ~

Stedms likes this.
  16. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

Not gonna lie. i'm liking this race. though gotta admit. that picture of them reminds me of mewtwo, and that just makes them even more badass.

Stedms and Symphony like this.
  17. Symphony

Ahah, that head type was kinda inspired by Mewtwo, but they don't all look like that guy ;)

DanteStigma likes this.
  18. Aidan

Aidan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow these are very cool! It would be awesome to have these in the game. A lot of work must have been put into this and I applaud you for that.

Symphony likes this.
  19. Symphony

Thanks dude :) It is pretty time consuming, but it's more fun than work ;)

Aidan likes this.
  20. CakeBones

CakeBones Guest

I would really love to see these in game. Playable or not, I think they'd make a great addition.